You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

For me SCOM, Patience & NR are all better then the originals.

you're fucking crazy 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I love Estranged and TWAT and can't stand TIL.  Not sure where that places me on the spectrum.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Marc Ford is an awesome guitarist and would be a great choice for GN'R. He could bring life to this new band's music. 3

Side note: He'd be perfect for VR, too. Can sing really well, better than the other candidates I've heard. wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I love Estranged and TWAT and can't stand TIL.  Not sure where that places me on the spectrum.

I was comparing people who just love NR, but think TIL is the worst song ever made. If you think the pieces are all wrong, that's one thing, but I see alot of people trashing TIL because it's too sappy, and it's too piano, and this n' that... and yet turn around and praise NR. Structurally they're torn from the same cloth. I think it's okay to like NR, and kind of not like TIL, but to LOVE NR and to HATE TIL, for the same reasons that you love or hate either song, is a mindfuck for me to understand.

I don't get it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

because, unfortunately, it's not always about the music

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was comparing people who just love NR, but think TIL is the worst song ever made. If you think the pieces are all wrong, that's one thing, but I see alot of people trashing TIL because it's too sappy, and it's too piano, and this n' that... and yet turn around and praise NR. Structurally they're torn from the same cloth. I think it's okay to like NR, and kind of not like TIL, but to LOVE NR and to HATE TIL, for the same reasons that you love or hate either song, is a mindfuck for me to understand.

I don't get it.

if you cant hear the differences between NR and TIL then you must not have ears 16

First off, NR is much more of a band influenced peice instead of a total Axl indulgence...second the vocals and vocal melody of TIL is much more in your face, its more of an acappella vocal performance combined with a piano solo, than NR which is more of a true orchestral arrangement with some rock thrown in the middle at the end..in NR Axl sings in a rock singers voice, in TIL its more broadway, NR gives way from a orchestral peice to a rock ballad song a couple minutes in and then NR has a metal breakdown in TIL there is a half assed attempt at a 70's style Eric Clapton solo overlayed on a song seemingly meant for theatre..hell Axl even goes to town on the piano in NR where TIL never really leaves the slow tempo throughout

finally NR doesnt have the cheesy lyrics like "and now i dont know why she wouldnt say goodbye, but it seems that I, had seen it in her eye" c'mon dude thats bad, how many times can you rhyme the eye part? (I, why, goodbye, I, eyes, wise, try, inside, deny, die, mine, inside, why, goodbye, inside, light, bright, night, deny) i mean enoughs enough holy moly, at least he coulda done the ey-e-eye-I thing that he used to do 16 i dont doubt that its as axl said and it was a song intially meant to have been for himself...like my wife said...it seems like he tried to hard to make NR, Part II and he never really got anywhere close...

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

btw i didnt wanna lay it all on the line, I've actually been avoiding doing that very thing, but you called me out Axlin 16

Sky Dog wrote:

This,

So if she's somewhere near me
I hope to God she hears me
There's no one else
Could ever make me feel
so alive

I hoped she'd never leave me
Please God you must believe me
I've searched the universe
And found myself
Within her eyes