You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

He knew what was coming.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'll say, the first time I heard "This I Love" it definitely wasn't what I expected and wasn't to my liking.  And to this day I can't say I absolutely love the song, so I see where you're coming from.  But it has grown on me over time.  I think it's a powerfully emotional song and that Robin's solo fits the song well.  I know that's not the popular belief, but I'm sticking to it.

If that's what you believe, you should stick to it. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about the way they feel about a song. I was just personally expressing my dislike towards it. Sounds like a cheap b-side single when you way it against the greats like Patience, SCOM, or NR. Then again, I may just be somewhat biased considering I'm not a fan of the whiney piano ballad direction Axl has moved toward.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:
faldor wrote:

Wow!  The haters are out in full force today.  Please tell me more about how much Chinese Democracy, Axl, Robin, and GNR suck.

How much time do you have? 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Otis I think you are way way WAY putting blinders on in reference to the past to talk up NR as such a classic, and yet This I Love is a piece of shit.

I hear alot of this same attitude from Estranged fans that are TWAT haters also.

It's something I just can't wrap my mind around. The songs are pretty much all born, and executed from the same idea and format.

Granted someone's tastes can vary, I just don't see how people that praise songs like NR & Estranged, can viciously hate songs like This I Love & TWAT that much, if for the only reason that it was recorded by the new band, and not the old.

I can take seriously someone who says, naturally, TWAT & This I Love are "not as a good" as those previous Axl ballads, but to think they are two polar opposite songs... I just can't buy.

bigbri wrote:

Axlin08, you are forbidden to like Sorry. It's about Slash, Bucket mimics Slash on it, thus it has been claimed as a Slash song. All future royalties/praises/props must be given to him according to Axl Haters Code 1 (2.3), Section 13.

Isn't that punishable, by having to listen to both Snakepit albums all the way through? 1622

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

And then that Duff song with the rapper in it, too!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He knew what was coming.

16 Good one.

Yep!  And Russ I never said that Axl dropped the mic at the solo.  And my ears clearly noticed that Robin fucked up the song before the solo, and Axl dropped the mic before the solo.  But in all seriousness, Buzz may have a point.  The song was so fucked up that he probably didn't want to hear the solo.  I think you like Robin's playing, and that is your right.  And I may be the only one, but I don't like it.  He's sloppy, he sounds like he misses every other note.  When I saw GNR the only song he pulled better than Slash or anyone else for that matter could ever pull is SCOM, but it may have been a fluke.  For the rest he was sloppy and completely ruined a couple songs.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the whole band was off on that patience performance...i thought Axl's teleprompter fucked up and he and the band got lost in the song and the one verse was repeated twice....all in all the whole thing was farked

Board footer