You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

Wow.

My hopes for the song just hit a brick wall.

You don't bury big guns on vinyl they know a handful will buy. They're still giving away the last vinyl they released to fan club members.

My 20 year old instinct shaping up to be true...Brains description nothing more than trolling and Baz being Baz, was mistaken about which song he heard... probably Seven or Soul Monster.

His song descriptions always sound the same anyways.

If The General is a steaming dog turd, my interest in the rest of the vault drops to zero, including Oklahoma.

I think we're about to find out why this stuff was sat on for 20 years...and it's not because it's better than what was released in 2008.

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I seriously doubt it's instrumental. Baz specifically mentioned hearing it with vocals in at least two interviews. Plus there's vocals in the cellphone clip, which is almost certainly The General considering the music from the intro is clearing playing in the song. Another possible explanation (if this is true) is that the speculation about the possibly very dark lyrical content of the song is accurate.

Yeah. But what if they only have intentions to realize the symphonic version we all do know? That has more sense for me if they don't want to lounch it digitally as a single.. State of grace is very similar, and indeed I have doubt that Slash and Duff could give those songs a different approach.. Both songs have more doom metal vibes referring to SB description..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Radio Rock (Italian site who first broke the story of Perhaps being delayed a week, according to them given from an internal source) says The General will not will be released digitally either for purchase or streaming:

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nu … B1KC2VfaRk

What the fuck. Why would they do that? It's leaving money on the table. I don't have a vinyl player, so you better believe I'm going to be downloading a high-quality rip of it.

Raven5790

Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:

Wow.

You don't bury big guns on vinyl they know a handful will buy. They're still giving away the last vinyl they released to fan club members.

My 20 year old instinct shaping up to be true...Brains description nothing more than trolling and Baz being Baz, was mistaken about which song he heard... probably Seven or Soul Monster.

If The General is a steaming dog turd, my interest in the rest of the vault drops to zero, including Oklahoma.

I think we're about to find out why this stuff was sat on for 20 years...and it's not because it's better than what was released in 2008.

Also true.. and what if the songs Baz heard was actually State of grace??

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, holy shit. They really are just dumping stuff

Why wouldn’t you build up the songs that *haven’t* been heard?

I honestly need to stop giving TB credit when they do something competent, because they always follow it up with something ridiculous. I will hold off dogging until this is confirmed. But using this song to sell physical copies of Perhaps would be mind blowingly stupid. Just release an album then ffs

This pretty much confirms we're not getting an album. You would not bury a song of this stature as a vinyl b side if there were bigger plans.

We're entering worst case scenario.

We're going to be lucky if they even release the goddamn thing.

Another possible explanation (if this is true) is that the speculation about the possibly very dark lyrical content of the song is accurate.

Even if it makes Dead Skin Mask sound like Tiptoe Through the Tulips, it's no reason to guarantee its failure by placing it on that.

This also guarantees no video...and there's no way in hell they are performing it.

What a cluster fuck.

James

James wrote:
Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:

Wow.

If it's an updated State of Grace...my point still stands.

We're all Geraldo standing outside Al Capone's vault and there's nothing but some trash and empty beer bottles.

ThunderousLeanIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif

Raven5790

Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:
Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:

Wow.

If it's an updated State of Grace...my point still stands.

We're all Geraldo standing outside Al Capone's vault and there's nothing but some trash and empty beer bottles.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThunderousLea … ax-1mb.gif

That's actually my first impresion when I heard the full locker thing..

James

James wrote:

If The General is about to be shown to be a B list song at best, if it still has that creepy music attached to it, they should've saved it and dumped it on a horror movie soundtrack during Halloween.

Probably should've done it 15-20 years ago.

This is going to make the unveiling of Prostitute look like the unveiling of Dark Side of the Moon...

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

So, here’s a translation of the article:

Announced at the same time as the August 18 release of the unreleased "Perhaps", and included in the vinyl version of the same single, available from October 27, "The General" - the new song by Guns N' Roses - will not appear, unlike of the first, on streaming platforms nor will it be purchasable digitally. This was reported to Radio Rock by the same internal sources who had revealed to us the postponement of the aforementioned last single from the 11th to the 18th of last month.

Guns N' Roses: "The General" will be released only in physical version
The song - also dating back to the studio sessions of the latest "Chinese Democracy", 2008 - will be available only and exclusively by purchasing the 7" vinyl of "Perhaps": the last single signed by Axl Rose and companions, released on August 18 also accompanied by its official video clip, and published in physical format on October 27th. Interviewed by Rolling Stone in 2007, the former Skid Row frontman – Sebastian Bach – had thus spoken of the song: “It is by far the most heavy metal thing I have ever heard him do. There's this slow, screeching riff mixed with these high, deep, screaming vocals." Intercepted again a year later by the same magazine, the singer had added: “It is the sequel to 'Estranged', and is part of the trilogy written by Del James (whose stories inspired the video for 'November Rain'). He's like the George Lucas of rock."

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

This doesn’t bode well.

If true, you’re alienating your own fan base from giving you money. Not everyone is into vinyl or even physical media anymore. And then there’s the question of the quality of the song.

If false, they’re sneaking around when things should be clear as day. Here’s the plan, preorder now. And so on.

Might go back to hibernation mode. I tire of the Mickey Mouse stuff.

Board footer