You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Velvet Revolver new album & reunion tour

buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

Maybe Slash is on his way out of VR? yikes

Well, that would make my decision easier...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

Maybe Slash is on his way out of VR? yikes

Well, that would make my decision easier...

So you'd choose VR right? The same way you chose GN'R?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't know what I'd do if this shit was really goin down.  I mean, I can understand the guys doing this since Slash seems to be the hold up, but at the same time he's like the main reason I bother with VR at all.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

WHOA, wtf is happening here. Could it be? Could Duff brought Scott back into the fold and just decided to replace Slash, so VR can move forward?

Nahhh

Could you imagine if that happened with GN'R? "Guns N' Roses Reunite! To record new album and tour!

Axl, Izzy, Duff, Matt Sorum, Dizzy Reed all talk about it, and Slash is like "wtf? this is the first i've heard of it". Then they let everyone know that DJ & Ron are still in the band, and Slash & Steven aren't invited.

16 Ultimate revenge

That would be fucking funny!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Slash does split, I'd like to recommend this guy:

Vernon+Reid+vernon200.jpg

or this guy:

20071227122112_john5.jpg

How about both??? VR goes GN'R!!

cool

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

They're different flavours of music.

For me the guitar in Slash's solo stuff is far more complex. The last 30 seconds of the anastasia solo alone that i heard this morning has more going on than all of VR.

But then Matt and Duff have a damn magic to their sound that's incredible...and I watch VR boots often and kind of miss the aura you get putting them together.

I think Slash only being in VR was a waste...as it's clear scott, and possibly others in the band, wanted to make more modern tracks which is cool but means cool 80s riffs go to waste....but then Slash only doing 80s riffs is a waste of the VR chemistry...

So this could be the best of both worlds. Having the Slash/Myles band AND Velvet Revolver to Listen to. Gold.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Opps sorry just read the second page!

Hmm..I could see why the others may choose to work without Slash...as i've long held the belief that if they were all getting on without a singer there's no reason that either the solo album, or this myles album, couldn't have been done as VR productions...with guest singers.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really like the ideas of a VR that just kinda moves the fuck on from Slash. It wasn't like his guitar was big anyways, and Scott & Duff both wanted to move towards more modern rock tracks.

Based on what i've heard from Slash & Duff solo since, Duff had a FAR better idea and mindset towards where VR should've went. Add in Scott's grunge-ey vocals... you might have VR picking up the ball and moving on.

Matt wants to work too, which I assure you is where some of the tension is with Slash. Slash basically fucked VR in the ass, took his songs and ran off, which basically put Matt out of work and the rest of the band is supposed to "Just understand, because Slash has to do THIS".

And the only reason Slash did it anyways, was because the baby refused to let the Myles thing go, when the rest of the band wanted Corey or Scott back.

I think it would add badass fuckin' drama if Slash is getting replaced. Wonder if he'll turn around and call "Scott a liar, and Duff spineless" 16

That'd be entertaining as hell if Duff hit Slash with the chair, and joined a faction with Axl & Scott.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't think slash would hold a grudge forever. But I had to choose between Anastasia or big machine, give me Anastasia.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow....be interesting to see how this plays out

Board footer