You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Velvet Revolver new album & reunion tour

Well I sort of saw this coming eventually since it's been more than 3 years and no new buzz about the band. Glad to see they fully patched things up and there is no drama and drugs involved this time around. Check out the link for more info.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/velvet-r … d-reunion/

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Oh wow, I honestly didn't see this coming.  Glad they worked shit out, now they need to put out a kickass album.  I want a mixture of Libertad and Contraband.  I like that they explored a bit, but I want that heaviness back.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Damn...now I may have to choose between a Slash solo show and a VR show...

Me_Wise_Magic

buzzsaw wrote:

You're not alone in that decision making process my friend! 14 My only problem with this was the reunion show they had a few months back didn't show that much chemistry. Hopefully a ton of crap and egos have been let go since last time. I love most of the VR catalog. I'm sure Slash will continue to do solo stuff even with Velvet getting back together.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're not alone in that decision making process my friend! 14 My only problem with this was the reunion show they had a few months back didn't show that much chemistry. Hopefully a ton of crap and egos have been let go since last time. I love most of the VR catalog. I'm sure Slash will continue to do solo stuff even with Velvet getting back together.

After being apart so long I wouldn't expect them to have their chemistry back instantly.  I'm sure getting together and writing will make that awkwardness go away.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Likewise! It's been long enough I think. I saw the ticket prices for Slash's solo gig in Baltimore that happened a few weeks ago and they were dirt cheap for the seats. I couldn't go cause I had stuff to do that night. Hoping the VR shows can be in a good price range for me and everyone else.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe how excited I am about this.  Scott's no Axl, but he's no Myles either!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Slash is supposedly denying this. Might be a case where he doesn't want this news to overshadow his solo efforts with the album and tour on the horizon. Maybe Scott jumped the gun? Something isn't right though.

Me_Wise_Magic

Each of them have a good vocal range and have their best and worst moments live or on record. I like Myles version of Slither live. Even you can't compare it to the deep range of Scott's VR studio version. When VR pulls out Easy too it rocks. Even though I think current Guns does it really well without any problems.

Board footer