You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

faldor wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I still insist Scraped will do very well as a single. Catcher is a great song but I'm not sure it can be a successful single. The Yesterdays comparison is pretty accurate from my point of view ( and I adore Yesterdays).

There should be a ballad next, I suspect The Blues or This I Love. At this point, I would go for the later but I expect they will choose the Blues.

Yesterdays is Estranged, compared to Scraped. roll

I think he was comparing Catcher with Yesterdays.

I love CD but it is a big fat bomb.

VR took a few months and are gonna outdo an album that took 15 years and forced an entire band out the door.

Slash and Duff must be smiling.

Everyone talked how this was gonna bury VR and how Axl doesn't need the old guys and how CD will be 1000 times greater

Lets be honest

The only reason we like CD better than VR is because Axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies are better than Scott's.

Actually I like Chinese Democracy more than Velvet Revolver because I think it IS better, plain and simple.  All around, with or without Scott Weiland, with or without Slash and Duff, Buckethead, etc.  I really dig Contraband too, but CD blows it away in my mind.  Even if Axl had the old guys on CD I'm not convinced sales would've been much better after basically taking 15 years off and doing very little press and promotion.  We'll never know though.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I like CD MUCH better than Contraband and we are all jumping to conclusions WAY too fast.  Best Buy exclusitivity was NOT something Contraband had to go through.  I DO NOT believe it benefited the band NOR sales.  Have patience, my bet is the album will do better than most do in the next few weeks.  Simply meaning that it may drop some but will gain momentum instead of just "falling off the face of the earth".   The album will sale 3 to 3.5 million copies by the end of next year.   I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but you naysayers do the same if I'm not...fair enough??

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

CD takes a massive basketball-sized dump on Contraband.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Contraband didn't hammer Chinese Democracy out of the park, but let's be real. 5 years ago (or 5 weeks ago), even if you knew the economic crisis was coming, would anyone have actually put $50 on Velvet Revolver's first album selling more than Axl's comeback in first week sales? I know there's no way in hell I'd have touched that bet.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Me neither. In fact I would've bet the farm on CD.

Never again, that was the last line of faith & hope I had in the new GN'R project.

Viva La Reunion!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Gunslinger wrote:

I like CD MUCH better than Contraband and we are all jumping to conclusions WAY too fast.  Best Buy exclusitivity was NOT something Contraband had to go through.  I DO NOT believe it benefited the band NOR sales.  Have patience, my bet is the album will do better than most do in the next few weeks.  Simply meaning that it may drop some but will gain momentum instead of just "falling off the face of the earth".   The album will sale 3 to 3.5 million copies by the end of next year.   I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but you naysayers do the same if I'm not...fair enough??

It probably isn't a viable comparison, but news reports have already begun mentioning the first week sales of CD vs. VR.

Perception is reality. If people believe this thing has bombed, it will bomb. Unless there is more of push to market this thing. An aggressive push at that.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

In a bit of reprieve for GN'R, let's be honest... they are also talking shit about the sales of Kanye's album too.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Lands At No. 3 On Billboard Chart - Dec. 3, 2008 

GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", sold 261,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release (including a reported 25,000 downloads at iTunes on November 23 not counted towards the opening week) to debut at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Source: Blabbermouth

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Lets be honest

The only reason we like CD better than VR is because Axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies are better than Scott's.

Exactly.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer