You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

I still insist Scraped will do very well as a single. Catcher is a great song but I'm not sure it can be a successful single. The Yesterdays comparison is pretty accurate from my point of view ( and I adore Yesterdays).

There should be a ballad next, I suspect The Blues or This I Love. At this point, I would go for the later but I expect they will choose the Blues.

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I totally agree with you.  Which is why I think CIR or Prostitute would be more radio friendly.

here's a quote form some person commenting on Prostitute on youtube.

"Take the vocal track away and you have background music for a car commercial. That's a very tight and commercially viable sound. Excellent new corporate rock album. I can't wait to see what lousy commercials this album ends up in. Dig that party beat."

16 Not sure if thats' good or bad. I  personally like Prostitute by the way. Top 3 on the album.

I can't say completely agree with this person's accessment of except for one thing, it is commercial, which is why I think it would be radio friendly.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Guns N' Roses Sales Not Likely To Be Spectacular
By: Don Kaye

The new Guns N'Roses album, Chinese Democracy, could end up selling less than 300,000 copies in its first week on shelves. According to Billboard.com, the long-delayed CD will finish with a total of somewhere between 250,000 and 260,000 copies since going on sale exclusively through Best Buy on Sunday, November 23rd. That is a far cry from initial predictions of anywhere from 300,000 to 784,000 copies and won't be enough to beat rapper Kanye West, whose new 808s and Heartbreak is likely to finish the same period north of 400,000 copies.

Final sales figures will be released on Wednesday (December 3rd).

According to some reports, Best Buy's promotion of the CD was lacking. Many stores did not feature any special floor displays or banners for the record, and it was not highlighted in advertising circulars.

If Billboard's predictions for Chinese Democracy hold true, the album will sell around the same in its first week as Contraband, the 2004 debut disc from Velvet Revolver that features members of the original Guns lineup.

Only singer Axl Rose remains in the current Guns roster, having taken some 15 years to complete Chinese Democracy with a revolving cast of musicians.

Chinese Democracy did debut at Number One in Finland and Brazil, while reaching Number Two in the U.K. and New Zealand and finishing in third place or lower in Australia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Spain and other countries.

www.htzfm.com

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I totally agree with you.  Which is why I think CIR or Prostitute would be more radio friendly.

here's a quote form some person commenting on Prostitute on youtube.

"Take the vocal track away and you have background music for a car commercial. That's a very tight and commercially viable sound. Excellent new corporate rock album. I can't wait to see what lousy commercials this album ends up in. Dig that party beat."

16 Not sure if thats' good or bad. I  personally like Prostitute by the way. Top 3 on the album.

I can't say completely agree with this person's accessment of except for one thing, it is commercial, which is why I think it would be radio friendly.

We are quoting random posters on YouTube now?:rolleyes:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
killingvector wrote:

CD has charted 4th in the US, behind Sasha Fierce, Taylor Swift, and Kanye.

254k which is lower than Contraband if I am not mistaken.

Wasn't Sasha Fierce released last week?

If its 4th already, it will probably drop out of the top 10 next week. They really need Better to do some damage, and today is its official single release. We'll have to see how big of a push this song gets.

war wrote:

i love how people on this forum seem to come only to bitch about the featured band and it's fans

Yeah, and I love how you keep pointing your fingers at people here who are doing that.

Been to any other GNR forums since the album's release? Guess what they are "bitching" about? GNR, Dr Pepper, no promo, low album sales, status of Finck,etc.

You keep insinuating this is some negative hole where the 'bottom feeders' go. Go check out mygnr. More bitching there than here. Main difference in "bitching" here than at the other sites is you don't have to be bombarded with childish insults here or risk the 'thought police' telling you what you have to think.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I still insist Scraped will do very well as a single. Catcher is a great song but I'm not sure it can be a successful single. The Yesterdays comparison is pretty accurate from my point of view ( and I adore Yesterdays).

There should be a ballad next, I suspect The Blues or This I Love. At this point, I would go for the later but I expect they will choose the Blues.

Yesterdays is Estranged, compared to Scraped. roll

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Yesterdays is Estranged, compared to Scraped. roll

I think he was comparing Catcher with Yesterdays.

I love CD but it is a big fat bomb.

VR took a few months and are gonna outdo an album that took 15 years and forced an entire band out the door.

Slash and Duff must be smiling.

Everyone talked how this was gonna bury VR and how Axl doesn't need the old guys and how CD will be 1000 times greater

Lets be honest

The only reason we like CD better than VR is because Axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies are better than Scott's.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Axl, if he ever wants to be taken seriously again, has one option:  reunion.  He always has run from what he does best, blues based, hard rock.  Izzy alone probably has 30 or 40 songs held back from him to look over, and Slash and Duff have 12-15 songs they wrote with Izzy back in 2003, that were going to be the VR album before shelving them when Weiland entered the mix.  Axl and Dizzy have songs as well.  They have loads of material ready, they just need to figure it out.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl... place your trust in one man. Place it all in one man's hands, and just have faith. That's all, have faith.

That one man.... Izzy fucking Stradlin.

He'll do you right.

Board footer