You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

axlgod wrote:

good news.
chinese democracy has now moved into the b-list on radio 1's playlist.
last week it was c-list.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

A Private Eye wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Chris Moyles & co played it on BBC Radio 1 this morning - they said 'Hmm, not sure about that one' Then went on to tell half the country that 'its not really Guns N Roses because its just Axl & a bunch of session musicians'. Then they ended up talking about VR instead.

I heard that, I woke up to it. I thought the song sounded awesome a bit faster or something, or perhaps I was half asleep 16

They hmmd about it, talked about VR for a bit (it sounded like Moyles had no idea VR was Slash, Duff etc) and said they needed to give it a few more listens but it was 'ok'. Not sure if that's the first time Moyles has played the song? Apparently Jo Whiley and Zane Lowe have been saying how much they love it since it was played last week.

I heard it in the car on the way to work but I had to go into work before it finished.  I've just listened back to hear what they said about it.

I don't love Chinese Democracy but it did sound great.  I think it'll be a song that'll grow on people.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
faldor wrote:

Pump Your Own Octane top 5 tonight, on Sirius Octane 20 was as follows.

5) Jet Black Stare - Ready To Roll

4) Saliva - Family Reunion

3) Five Finger Death Punch - Stranger Than Fiction

2) Rob Zombie - War Zone

1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

It's been #1 every night I've listened so far.  I missed last night and Friday, but I imagine it got #1 both those nights as well.  I missed the Real Rock 20, which they have every Sunday, so I'm not sure how it fared there or if it was even eligible since it came out midweek last week.  They re-air it tomorrow at 5, so I'll try and catch it then.

Tonight's Pump Your Own Octane.  Interesting that NONE of the songs from tonight were repeats from last night, except of course for Chinese Democracy.  CD also wasn't on the real rock 20 for last week, unless it was # 18-20, I missed those.  Maybe it wasn't in rotation long enough, not sure exactly how they go about tabulating that.

5) Tantric - Fall Down

4) Kid Rock - Rock N' Roll Jesus

3) Puddle Of Mudd - Livin' On Borrowed Time

2) Metallica - My Apocalypse

1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

CD was #2 in WKLQ.  They said it was a close race and that GN'R could get the top spot back today.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Uh, oh.  CD was absent from the Pump Your Own Octane countdown tonight altogether after being #1 since it came out (I think).  The top 5 was as follows

5) Rev Theory - Light It Up
4) In This Moment - Forever
3) Rob Zombie - War Zone
2) Slipknot - Deaf Memories
1) Mudvayne - Do What You Do

They did play the song about an hour and a half after the countdown.  It seems a little strange that hardly any of the songs are repeats night in and night out.  In 3 days there's been 13 different songs in the top 5, so only 2 songs were in more than once.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Problem with that idea Loco98, is the fact that every radio station I listen to trashes CD, then turns around and talks about this really rockin' track from Hinder.

There's such a fuckin' bias. It amazes me that people still deny it.

At this point, I hope Axl releases 23 more albums without 21, 'til only 3 people are buying GN'R albums, just to piss the world off.

The bias goes a lot of directions.  Some people (not me) actually like this stuff that we call crap.  There's no denying that either.  Everybody is biased.  So just because you think someone is an idiot for liking Hinder doesn't mean there aren't millions of Hinder fans that think Axl sucks.  If you think Hinder radio guy is biased, then you need to admit your own bias.

Most of us that prefer complex music are not going to like the simple pop/rock of today.  That creates a bias in all of us and it takes something special to overcome that bias, much like a lot of people are going to be biased against this band.  If it manages to succeed inspite of the bias that exists against it, it will be a huge accomplishment for Axl and his management team.

well i think that bias is bias because all those who actually view bias are biased themselves one biased way or another, look i see what you're saying and all but my opinion is biased in viewing your biased opinion so the whole thing is just biased but in saying that that's actually biased because who am i say its biased? but that question was also biased because i have my own views which are also biased.

get my point?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ah, forget it...

BANG

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Problem with that idea Loco98, is the fact that every radio station I listen to trashes CD, then turns around and talks about this really rockin' track from Hinder.

There's such a fuckin' bias. It amazes me that people still deny it.

At this point, I hope Axl releases 23 more albums without 21, 'til only 3 people are buying GN'R albums, just to piss the world off.

The bias goes a lot of directions.  Some people (not me) actually like this stuff that we call crap.  There's no denying that either.  Everybody is biased.  So just because you think someone is an idiot for liking Hinder doesn't mean there aren't millions of Hinder fans that think Axl sucks.  If you think Hinder radio guy is biased, then you need to admit your own bias.

Most of us that prefer complex music are not going to like the simple pop/rock of today.  That creates a bias in all of us and it takes something special to overcome that bias, much like a lot of people are going to be biased against this band.  If it manages to succeed inspite of the bias that exists against it, it will be a huge accomplishment for Axl and his management team.

well i think that bias is bias because all those who actually view bias are biased themselves one biased way or another, look i see what you're saying and all but my opinion is biased in viewing your biased opinion so the whole thing is just biased but in saying that that's actually biased because who am i say its biased? but that question was also biased because i have my own views which are also biased.

get my point?

I get that you're still making pointless responses to my posts.  The good news is that one way or another, that will end soon.  Either you'll straighten out or you'll no longer be welcome here.  I'd prefer you stay because every once in awhile you actually have something productive to say, but I'm ok with either one. 

It's your call.  Think about it carefully.  And please don't bother to respond to this...if you want to talk to me, do so through PMs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

HTZ FM Top Nine @ Nine it made #1

#1 Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Chinese Democracy
#2 Theory of a Deadman Bad Girlfriend Scars & Souvenirs
#3 AC/DC Rock & Roll Train Black Ice
#4 Disturbed Indestructible Indestructible
#5 Metallica The Day That Never Comes Death Magnetic
#6 The Offspring You're Gonna Go Far Kid Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace
#7 Apocalyptica I Don't Care Worlds Collide
#8 Mudvayne Do What You Do The New Game
#9 Rise Against Re-Education(Through Labour) Appeal To Reason

has anyone heard this track? Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend

it fuckign owns man reminds me of old school gnr 9

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

"has anyone heard this track? Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend"
are you serious? its like nickelback and hinder combined to make something equally as horrible, let me quote all music guide when discussing those three bands, "this stuff isnt for fans of music, its for fans of highfives"

each to his own though.

Board footer