You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: UFO Cover Album

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hate to point this out, but the band's discography was paper thin to begin with. They released music from 87-91, most of TSI was in those years. There was Chinese Democracy in 2008. That was 16 years ago and many of those tracks are from the 90's.

It is what it is. There's no reason to believe Guns N' Roses is gonna suddenly enter a creative phase at this point in their 60's.

They could always do a another TSI. I get it that he's hard for inspiration and have to respect not wanting to put out sub par material, but he's not even trying. He went out and did the AC/DC thing right in the middle of his own reunion tour, like some kid. So clearly there is still passion there. Doing a few vocal lines on Slash' album, anything, to get the wheels moving again. He had the same problem in the 90s too and that didn't stop him from putting a whole new band together with the intention of writing a comeback album. Took years for him to lay down a single vocal, but he was trying. This reunion should be the perfect opportunity to do something before they get too old, and yet he's like a ghost. Can't even get into a room with Slash, does this thing over the phone. Peculiar is what it is.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Axl should get CD guys and do album of covers as Axl Rose. Songs that he wants to/can sing.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Anyone have or know where to find isolated vocal track of this song?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Axl has a lot of material of CD era... Monsters, Atlas, Eye on you, Zodiac, Seven... They should be released at some point.

The Void
 Rep: 0 

The Void wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Axl has a lot of material of CD era... Monsters, Atlas, Eye on you, Zodiac, Seven... They should be released at some point.

I see no future with a reworked Eye On You. Them having the vocals from that song on Hard Skool confirms that it is out of the window. Unless Axl pulls another troll move on all of us and does a double release of Eye On You/Nothing.

carlossacanell

The Void wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I see no future with a reworked Eye On You. Them having the vocals from that song on Hard Skool confirms that it is out of the window. Unless Axl pulls another troll move on all of us and does a double release of Eye On You/Nothing.

I agree.
I don't like Eye on you. But Seven, Monsters and others we've heard the songs titles but not the songs itself could be interesting. The problem is that the Slash & Duff contributions make the songs worse LoL

carlossacanell

Nothing has nothing as a song !

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Nothing has nothing as a song !

Ooooh Oooooh begs to differ lol

carlossacanell

I just have a mp3 of GNR called nothing and is like a slow ballad that repeats all the time the chorus. If there is another one i missed please PM

The Void
 Rep: 0 

The Void wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
The Void wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I agree.
I don't like Eye on you. But Seven, Monsters and others we've heard the songs titles but not the songs itself could be interesting. The problem is that the Slash & Duff contributions make the songs worse LoL

I think there is a 50/50 possibility that we could get Seven. I know for certain that Atlas is one of the songs that is done and coming out at some point in the near future. And we know that Leave Me Alone is Monsters (If you think otherwise I’m not gonna bother and try to convince you lol) is also coming at some point. Slash mentioned they done around 7 songs but i believe they done way more than that and the band are maybe saving the last leftovers they done for inclusion on the record alongside new written material.

Board footer