You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: SMKC #5 being recorded in November

metallex78 wrote:

Slash sure likes to keep busy, just not with GN’R

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-fea … 8e5hgm1teh

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

If they record in November how long til they release and tour? Thought 2025 was supposed to be a big year for GnR. Summer stadium tour then SMKC tour in November 2025 timeframe?

Hopefully the time off for SMKC yields better results for the next album. Diminishing returns since World on Fire.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

If they record in November how long til they release and tour? Thought 2025 was supposed to be a big year for GnR. Summer stadium tour then SMKC tour in November 2025 timeframe?

Hopefully the time off for SMKC yields better results for the next album. Diminishing returns since World on Fire.

I think that Slash mentions that when it’s released will be a challenge, between Myles solo stuff, Alter Bridge, and I guess GN’R doing stuff as well.

I imagine he doesn’t want to be in the same situation as he was with SMKC4, where he released it in 2022, but didn’t get to tour it properly everywhere until 2 years later (he only made it to Australia earlier this year).

I just find it funny that he can actually set aside a timeframe with his band to write, and then record an album so easily. With GN’R it’s all a fucken mystery of “who knows what and when it will happen” probably because nothing is actually happening…

No doubt, SMKC peaked at World on Fire, but I’ve still enjoyed all the albums, and they’ve always put on a great live show as well. I actually got a greater appreciation for the SMKC4 album stuff after seeing the songs played live too.

So I’m keen to hear SMKC #5
I wonder if Slash will stick with Mike Clink after working with him on Orgy of the Damned?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

On the last album the switched it up from Elvis producing (needed imo) in favor of a Nashville country producer. Hard to believe they’d go that route again. Maybe back to Elvis or Clink. Wonder if Slash recording an album of original rock songs with Clink would cause any friction in Guns land.

Board footer