You are not logged in. Please register or login.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Re: UFO Cover Album

Am i the only one who thinks Axl sounds bad on this song?
I don't like it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think that’s more about the fact he recorded it remotely and not in the same studio.

Of course he did! 14

Sounds great. You gotta wonder what his problem is about Guns.

He has no desire or motivation to write and record new material.  It’s been evident for a while.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think that’s more about the fact he recorded it remotely and not in the same studio.

Of course he did! 14

He has no desire or motivation to write and record new material.  It’s been evident for a while.

Well yes, but he has said that he wants to make more music. He is still "into" releasing old stuff. How can a musician be that starved for inspiration? It doesn't seem like he's even trying, despite apparently wanting to. He can still sing in a studio. He's back with Slash and Duff. It just doesn't make any sense.

guts

guts wrote:

carlossacanell

carlossacanell

Sounds like his voice doesn't fit with the mellody and the enginer has to use effects on the track.

carlossacanell

slashsfro wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Of course he did! 14

Agree. He has a lot of songs from CD2 and he has a lot of new material made by Slash and Duff... He doesn't want to record and release new material.
They should do the same than Aerosmith. He can't sing in a good way most of the songs even at recording sessions

carlossacanell

It's sad but my favourite band ever has become a joke, a Circus.... And Axl is the crown

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

The Herbert voice 14 sad

AtariLegend wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

That is, but that's a live cover that doesn't sound like the original.

Axl was doing a track on a tribute album in the same vein as the original, which most people complaining have never listened too. It's like Axl doing the AC/DC tour, he wasn't out there to do Guns N' Roses.

I don't think it's that bad, except the mix. However the mix in itself is also unintentionally faithful to the original too.

I think it's pretty good for someone in his mid 60's that's barely laid down any vocals that we've heard in almost 20 years.

polluxlm wrote:

Well yes, but he has said that he wants to make more music. He is still "into" releasing old stuff. How can a musician be that starved for inspiration? It doesn't seem like he's even trying, despite apparently wanting to. He can still sing in a studio. He's back with Slash and Duff. It just doesn't make any sense.

I hate to point this out, but the band's discography was paper thin to begin with. They released music from 87-91, most of TSI was in those years. There was Chinese Democracy in 2008. That was 16 years ago and many of those tracks are from the 90's.

It is what it is. There's no reason to believe Guns N' Roses is gonna suddenly enter a creative phase at this point in their 60's.

Board footer