You are not logged in. Please register or login.

The Void
 Rep: 0 

Re: UFO Cover Album

The Void wrote:

I don’t know how to feel about Axl's voice. It’s not great but it’s not awful it’s in between. Have to give this a few more listens.

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

Anybody able to send the song? ?

jgomezsalido
 Rep: 0 

jgomezsalido wrote:
DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Couple comments..
Love the drums, overall mix is great (headphones)
Axl sounds great. You will read a lot of hate comments, what do you want/expect from him?? You want him to sound like Appetite or Illusions? He sounds like Axl Rose, he sounds good and I am a huge fan of this era of his voice.
The processing people are bitching about.. my guess is that the vocals are compressed to get volume.. only a guess though.
Compression will enhance some effects of the vocals.
Overall good track, wish there were more lyrics.

Sky Dog wrote:

Sounds good to me and definitely a Chinese era GNR sounding song

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Having just listened to the full song, his vocals do sound overly processed in parts, but it’s still pretty impressive because it was recorded recently. Either last year, or this year wasn’t it?

He can still conjure up some nice studio rasp when he wants to. Even that mini scream he does before the outro solo sounds pretty fucken cool.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Gotta agree.  He sounded quite good on this.  Yeah some of the parts you could kind of tell are processed but you know what I’m not that bothered by it since he’s in his 60s now.

I might end up listening to this one more than some of the leftovers.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just listened to it. This will be an unpopular opinion but it sounds like the most classic-sounding Axl recording since 1994. I think he sounds great. Regarding the “processed” vocals, I think that’s more about the fact he recorded it remotely and not in the same studio.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think that’s more about the fact he recorded it remotely and not in the same studio.

Of course he did! 14

Sounds great. You gotta wonder what his problem is about Guns.

Sky Dog wrote:

Every vocal you hear today is processed by pretty much everyone. Quite sure his vocals back in the day were processed. He sounds good and the song is solid.

Board footer