You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: The General and Monsters

Scabbie wrote:

The bit in monsters that draws me back is the bridge where axl goes for it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The General is a good song but the clipping drums production makes it unlistenable. A major waste of a good idea.

Sky Dog wrote:

I still like both songs in tandem together ….don’t get the criticism….good lyrics, cool Beltrami effects…

That being said, I haven’t listened to them in a few months but haven’t listened to any GNR specifically in a few months. I’m taking off 2024 too!

Sky Dog wrote:

The other issue is that rock and roll in general is dead. It’s sad. Since the grunge days, I only picked up 3 new bands that I still listen to…Wilco, Radiohead and Tool….most of those records I love were in the 1996 to 2001 range!

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It’s sad. Since the grunge days, I only picked up 3 new bands that I still listen to…Wilco, Radiohead and Tool….

It makes me happy to know that you may not have already listened to every Queens of the Stone Age album 10,000 times!

As a fan of Guns N' Roses and The Allman Bros. band, I am guessing you would enjoy their Arty, guitar-driven epics.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Gong wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It’s sad. Since the grunge days, I only picked up 3 new bands that I still listen to…Wilco, Radiohead and Tool….

It makes me happy to know that you may not have already listened to every Queens of the Stone Age album 10,000 times!

As a fan of Guns N' Roses and The Allman Bros. band, I am guessing you would enjoy their Arty, guitar-driven epics.

I love me some QOTSA. I've been spinning  their latest offering repeatedly.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still can’t believe GN’R haven’t officially released Monsters, when it’s such a great track. But then again, GN’R have never been known to do things that make sense.

Sky Dog wrote:

Prince has been repeatedly releasing singles recently and he is dead! Point is that you can release music to your fans without having a tour to promote.

Agree…crazy Monsters and Atlas aren’t out

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe (don't laught) he's sandbagging them for an album. Especially if they are deemed as stronger tracks. 2 less tracks to write afresh.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Maybe (don't laught) he's sandbagging them for an album. Especially if they are deemed as stronger tracks. 2 less tracks to write afresh.

I think we're past that point. Axl, as with the last 25 years, is either so badly off with his mental health or simply motivation, that he is unable to work for years on end. That is broken either by a brief relapse or a sharp instruction from his advisors that he needs more money. The thought of him going into a studio and working on an album like a normal person these days just seems impossible. Some late night sessions spread over several years? Possibly.

The 'we're trying to work on a new album' bit from Slash likely means they've asked him to do it and he's asked them to send over their ideas so he can listen to them when he next has a spike in his motivation, which could be next week, but could also be the next decade. I can't imagine Slash and Duff working on an album the same way the Chinese Democracy band did.

Board footer