You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers Split

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Haha, that ain't cool Russ.

RHCP is awesome and Stadium Arcadium is one of if not THE greatest double albums. 30 songs, 2 hours, new songs mixed in with old style RHCP funk. It really kicks ass. BSSM was a phenomenal album, Under the Bridge, Breaking the Girl. Innovators of alternative music, and blows most of what came out later as "alternative" out of the water. Frusciante is amazing too, underrated.

Anthony Kiedis should join VR for their final album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh geez...kiedis in VR....very interesting idea...doesnt sound like he's wanting the spotlight to badly though

anyway not really a RHCP fan and i totally agree with Russ...they've been pretty boring since BSSM

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Sounds more like a break than a permanent split.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I agree, seems more like some time off. Like U2 & Metallica do in between albums.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Guess you can only make the same album so many times.

Agreed, and to add insult to injury, they had reached the point where they were ripping off other bands. When your last single was basically Last Dance with Mary Jane, you need to call it quits.

They do have some good songs, but I always considered them overrated.

They're also back on drugs. At that live Earth event, band members were either wearing long sleeve shirts or showing the tracks on their arms.

I hope its a long vacation.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Guess you can only make the same album so many times.

No shit. they've sucked ever since the album with Scar Tissue. It's like the same fucking song over and over again for 4 albums. BORING!!!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ I agree, seems more like some time off. Like U2 & Metallica do in between albums.

NO! U2 will never put out some bullshit statement saying they've disbanded. U2 will never "take a break" from U2 or even breakup. Just because they aren't recording or touring(they are recording) doesn't make U2 anything like this RHCP situation right now. Bad comparison. Metallica may have issues but I assure you U2 isn't even remotely close to this. they dont interchange members,  they don't take time of from being U2 because they are U2. The 4 of them;  win, lose or draw; writing recording or touring, or sittng on the couch they are U2. No if's and's or buts. Just so we're clear. 16:P

Board footer