You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R at Rocklahoma in May

Axlin16 wrote:

I remember the days when I said "Rockalohoma" would be rock bottom for the band.

Then again that was before the festival organizer redesigned the lineup and decided to make it a real deal rock festival, not just a tribute to the 80's.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nice to see a line up like that and not this indie shit most of the big festivals push.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
otto wrote:

Remember those days when there were announcements of shows and it was pretty exciting because we'd believe that an album was on its way?

I miss that.

These days it's the opposite. I kid you not, now we'd probably take a 2 year silent period as a good thing.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i really do not know how they can sustain a US tour unless they do 2-5k clubs. Or they do like 5 shows in very major markets. They have saturated the market for their concerts in the US and have nothing new to offer.

Sky Dog wrote:

2-5000 is not a club...it is a theatre...they are a theatre band in the US

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Did they ever post the numbers for Vegas?  I'd be curious to see what the numbers say for those shows.  It's hard to compare from different venues, but it didn't look like there were many more people at the GnR show in Vegas than there was at the Slash show in Atlanta.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

2-5000 is not a club...it is a theatre...they are a theatre band in the US

That's partially wrong. Clubs can hold more than 2000. For example Roseland in the city holds 3000. The one here in Jersey is like 2500 and is renovating for more.

Cool line up. Id go if i could.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
otto wrote:

Remember those days when there were announcements of shows and it was pretty exciting because we'd believe that an album was on its way?

I miss that.

Yeah, problem is, if they're playing festivals like this the chances of new material isn't all that great.  Not that it ever was, but they'd be playing the hits for a festival crowd.  Of course as Russ mentioned, they could plan a full scale US tour around this, and I suspect they might.  But I still wouldn't count on new music being played.  Again, not that anyone was.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did they ever post the numbers for Vegas?  I'd be curious to see what the numbers say for those shows.  It's hard to compare from different venues, but it didn't look like there were many more people at the GnR show in Vegas than there was at the Slash show in Atlanta.

Number of shows 12
Soldout shows 2/12
Attend/Capacity  33944/38892
Total gross 3,108,074

looks like they averaged about 2800 a night

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Number of shows 12
Soldout shows 2/12
Attend/Capacity  33944/38892
Total gross 3,108,074

looks like they averaged about 2800 a night

Do you have the numbers for Motley Crue's Vegas residency?  I remember seeing them awhile back.  Actually I posted them here somewhere.  Just wondering for comparison's sake.

Board footer