You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

faldor wrote:

Yeah that was the one.  I didn't mind the song.  I actually liked the video.  At least they put some effort forth.  But from what I've heard they were supposedly going back to their roots, straight up rock record.  That song is vintage 90's ballad Aerosmith.  Not that that's a bad thing.  I just felt a little misled.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I agree. Seems like a B-side ballad from the early 90's. Sure it's a throwback power ballad from an actual rock band that did them fantastic in the 80s/90s, rather than another post grunge piece of garbage, but at the same time... where's the fucking Aerosmith '73 return?

Another issue I have with it, is even with the video for it, the whole thing comes across as forced. Like they're trying their damndest to recreate that feel from Cryin' and stuff like that.

hmm

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I highly doubt we're getting a return of old school Aerosmith, as no other band seems to recapture their early glory days this late in their career.

Actually, Van Halen came pretty damn close to doing so on their new album, so maybe there's hope for Aerosmith too.
Still, I'll go in with low expectations. I already really dig legendary Child, and this new ballad, so it's looking good so far.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I highly doubt we're getting a return of old school Aerosmith, as no other band seems to recapture their early glory days this late in their career.

Actually, Van Halen came pretty damn close to doing so on their new album, so maybe there's hope for Aerosmith too.
Still, I'll go in with low expectations. I already really dig legendary Child, and this new ballad, so it's looking good so far.

The last VH record and the new Stones single are the only reasons I'm going to give the new Aerosmith album a chance. Funny, but those two things are also going to make me go much harder on their album.

I will continue to show how much I fucking love that VH album and how it kicks so much ass. 9  After hearing some of the Aerosmith tracks, I wasn't blown away or that impressed. The new Stones single was awesome. Go for it Russ! Show the album no mercy! 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

The last VH record and the new Stones single are the only reasons I'm going to give the new Aerosmith album a chance. Funny, but those two things are also going to make me go much harder on their album.

Stones seem to have their swagger back, and don't forget a few years ago AC/DC reminded the entire world why their AC fucking DC with Black Ice. Huge album, with one of their best songs (yeah they're all the same), but Rock N' Roll Train will be on their posthumous Greatest Hits set one day.

It is possible. Aerosmith just opted to keep it commercial like they've done for the last 25 years. Which is fine, but Steven totally misled EVERYONE.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Album is decent first listen, lyrics seem a bit subpar.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Deluxe Edition is a nice package...great art...a fold out that has the 2 CDs and DVD and a little booklet...all very nicely done and presented.

Musically seems fun on a first listen, got that aerosmith groove the rhythm section, but it also didn't hit me with a "Walk This Way" type massive hit either.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah it has some good songs just nothing amazing and a lot of crap.

Board footer