You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Grammys Tonight

Gunslinger wrote:

I watched part of it and thought the Foo Fighters put on one helluva performance.  The Time/Rihanna was interesting and I thought Amy's performance was really good, I actually like the first song better than Rehab.   I also thought Alicia did a good job (and looked rather hot), Beyonce has some fat ass legs (still looks hot sometimes  16), it was cool to see Slayer get some love and even though I am not an opera fan I was very impressed by the vocal performance by the blind guy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think Amy sucks.  I think she has some talent, but she gets more attention for shit she does than she ever will for her talent.  I don't have a lot of respect for people like that (ahem...Axl).  I'm all for partying and getting fucked up, but when it keeps you from being able to even go to another country, it's time to get some serious help. I thought she was an embarrassment last night.  Overrated.

I completely disagree. I love both of her CDs and I thought her performance was great.

I'm not sure how you could disagree with the bolded part.  She's British Britney, but on a smaller scale because (frankly) less people in the US care. 

Her talent is being overshadowed by her actions, and she plays it up.  Weak.  If you're that good, then be that good.  She's not that good.  She's ok.  Ok shouldn't be winning Grammys because of the exposure they get beyond their talents...it's the music industry selling out.  This definately taints the VR Grammy for me because it's possible they were doing the same then.  How you can honor someone as talented as Herbie Hancok and her at the same ceremony is beyond me...and don't even try to tell me she has more talent than Hancock.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Nice to see the white stripes picking up well-deserved awards as well.  I try and avoid the media furore around Amy W - pretty hard to living in London - every time she goes out for a fkn lollipop we have to hear about it. I do think she is talented though - its not my usual kind of music but she surprised me on her second album. always nice to get into music you wouldnt normally expect to like.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

never heard of her until she went to rehab...sitll havent heard her music ... what is it like? i saw that Cindi Lauper is a big fan....must be good 18

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Amy deserves every musical accolade she's ever got.  The only embarrassing thing about her performance were the cheesy references to Blake.  A British Britney?  Amy's beehive has more musical talent than Britney ever will have.  Amy in no way courts the press to the level of Britney, she's just genuinely eccentric.

Board footer