You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

the difference between Metallica and Guns N' Roses is Metallica never had two distinct eras.

Not sure about that one. Everything after The Black Album sucks donkey balls compared to their classic material. tongue

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

the difference between Metallica and Guns N' Roses is Metallica never had two distinct eras.

Not sure about that one. Everything after The Black Album sucks donkey balls compared to their classic material. tongue

14 fair enough. But you know what I mean. I mean two competely different eras with two competely different bands. Illusion era and AFD era are not so so different but CD era is competely different. there is nothing in common other than Axl. Dizzy doesnt' count despite what anyone thinks 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sorry if I'm being stupid...

Your U2 comparison is a joke, because you're trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. The hypothetical is ridiculous, you'd have to completely reshape U2 as a band, not as a career, and still the personalities and personas and dynamics of U2 are not the same as GN'R to make the comparison.  And again, I answered your hypothetical. Maybe you're just trying to squeeze U2 into yet another argument. 16

Sorry, a seven year span is not quitting at the same time. No matter how you try to spin it to fit your argument. I never said Duff was an intregal part of CD. Am I wrong that Duff was in the band with Robin and tried to get Chris Vrenna from NIN as a replacement for Matt? That would signal he was with Axl in what direction they wanted to take the band, which would be CD. Am I making that up or did it happen?

Metallica didn't have just 2 distinct eras, they had about 4: The original Cliff Burton, thrash era. Jason/Bob Rock polished, pop metal. The Grungy Load/ReLoad era. The St. Anger no solo era. The Rob/Rick Rubin, return to their roots era. And yes, there are Metallica fans who see the Cliff Burton era as the "real" Metallica. And they're stupid tongue

I think the real problem comes down to some of you guys not wanting the new line up to have any recognition as GN'R at all. No one is talking about having Buckethead inducted, or Gary Sunshine or anything ridiculous like that. And it still comes down to the fact you can't get over the band carried on without the original members.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

U can argue however u want and i really don't care who all u think should get in.

What pisses me off, is people who can sit there with a straight face and say they don't wanna see Original Appetite lineup perform a couple songs one last time.

I think anyone who says that is fucking nuts. No offense.

Who's saying that, D?

sorry

some douche on HTGTH

misterID

misterID wrote:

You can't take those people too seriously, D. You have to consider that they're trying to score brownie points with jarmo. And they think Axl reads that board. On top of that, they have a weird following over there.

And I admit it, I went over there to see if jarmo was allowing the HOF induction to be discussed, seeing he banned any mention of the video where Axl tells the cool Slash story. Some of those posts made my head hurt neutral

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the real problem comes down to some of you guys not wanting the new line up to have any recognition as GN'R at all.

Correct sir. Axl's tribute band is a group of employees working for him. Guns N' Roses was a band built on more democratic principles than Axl's current dictatorship.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

And it still comes down to the fact you can't get over the band carried on without the original members.

Well I'm not one of those.

I love the new band. But to me it comes down to *why* they are being inducted...and I see it as for lifetime service to classic rock - and although Chinese Democracy is one of my favourite albums of all time - I think if it had never been released GNR would still be getting in this ballot...

If GNR was getting inducted because of Shackler's Revenge then damn it give ron the nod for that solo. Or because of This I Love then i'd be first in line to phone up robin. And I love those two songs. To me though - I'm just saying this cermony isn't about that music.

If we're honest here, GNR is getting inducted here because of Sweet Child of Mine and what it ment to 1980s MTV audiences, because when you go to the sport you hear jungle...because a generation grew up singing paradise city over their wiskey, because we watched john conner ride off on that bike to You could Be mine..while Slash wailed on the BC Rich....

I'm a massive supporter of the new band, but I'm just saying, this is a night about AFD and UYI and I'm sure everyone, including the new boys would see it that way. I'm happy for the new guys to be GNR, but this is a night about vintage GNR, it's about classic rock, it's a hall of fame....it's about what was back in the day...and for that reason inducting the modern GNR - as kickass as they are - seems somewhat artifical - as they themselves will be the first to explain that they honour that music by playing it but that they are not the archeticts of it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the real problem comes down to some of you guys not wanting the new line up to have any recognition as GN'R at all.

Correct sir. Axl's tribute band is a group of employees working for him. Guns N' Roses was a band built on more democratic principles than Axl's current dictatorship.

*fart*

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

And it still comes down to the fact you can't get over the band carried on without the original members.

Well I'm not one of those.

I love the new band. But to me it comes down to *why* they are being inducted...and I see it as for lifetime service to classic rock - and although Chinese Democracy is one of my favourite albums of all time - I think if it had never been released GNR would still be getting in this ballot...

If GNR was getting inducted because of Shackler's Revenge then damn it give ron the nod for that solo. Or because of This I Love then i'd be first in line to phone up robin. And I love those two songs. To me though - I'm just saying this cermony isn't about that music.

If we're honest here, GNR is getting inducted here because of Sweet Child of Mine and what it ment to 1980s MTV audiences, because when you go to the sport you hear jungle...because a generation grew up singing paradise city over their wiskey, because we watched john conner ride off on that bike to You could Be mine..while Slash wailed on the BC Rich....

I'm a massive supporter of the new band, but I'm just saying, this is a night about AFD and UYI and I'm sure everyone, including the new boys would see it that way. I'm happy for the new guys to be GNR, but this is a night about vintage GNR, it's about classic rock, it's a hall of fame....it's about what was back in the day...and for that reason inducting the modern GNR - as kickass as they are - seems somewhat artifical - as they themselves will be the first to explain that they honour that music by playing it but that they are not the archeticts of it.

I wasn't talking about you, monkey.  Look at tej's response. That's what I was talking about. And I was correct.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

*fart*

Sums up Axl's tribute band. lol

Board footer