You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:

Pretty sure we've had this argument before. You're too easy to get riled up. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin
Gilby Clarke
Duff McKagan
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

everyone else fuck off. Simple as that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin
Gilby Clarke
Duff McKagan
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

everyone else fuck off. Simple as that.

Seriously? U want Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum and leave out Tommy Stinson? That's not just funny, it's hilarious.

Keep the fucking AFD line up. If you want more, then just bring the entire package. There's absolutely no fucking point in dragging in Sorum and Clarke while leaving out Tommy.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Really, the band that gets inducted in the hall of fame should be the band created the fame for themselves. Original AFD lineup only in my honest opinion.

I think Sorum and Dizzy have some arguments going for them. Other than that hmm.

I also agree, that for everyone but the band themselves, musical legacy > career length and profit made. I would say true artists will always value their ability to make music that can stand the test of time and that's what should be most important when reviewing their art.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Really, the band that gets inducted in the hall of fame should be the band created the fame for themselves. Original AFD lineup only in my honest opinion.

I think Sorum and Dizzy have some arguments going for them. Other than that hmm.

I also agree, that for everyone but the band themselves, musical legacy > career length and profit made. I would say true artists will always value their ability to make music that can stand the test of time and that's what should be most important when reviewing their art.

Yer good point

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'd go with Axlin's list. It's unfortunate to screw the likes of Tommy, but in the end he's really another victim of the whole CD trainwreck. Nobody outside of us thinks of Tommy or CD when you say GNR to them. It's the sad truth, and doesn't reflect MY feelings, but definitely reflects the truth of what the "GNR legacy" is. To all but us, it doesn't include anything after the UYIs. Even TSI would (and probably should, imo) be ignored by most.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

gnr was biggest in popularity when gilby was in the band

from the NR video and on (maybe even LALD....he also appears on the tokyo vhs/dvds does he not?

without gilby gnr wouldnt have even toured from 91-93...thats when they blew up

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tommy over Gilby, Pitman over Gilby.

Gilby never recorded on ORIGINAL material and has no writing credits. If Gilby gets in Robin better get in.

Sorum yes.

The only way Axlshows up, the new band gets in. But there's nothing that's going to get Axl on the same stage as Slash, imo.

Neemo wrote:

But this didn't have anything to do with Gilby. They could have seriously found anyone to fill his spot. He really had nothing to do with anything except being a coat hanger for Izzy, as would anyone at the moment, except for...

Gilby only got the gig because Dave Navarro turned them down.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

gnr was biggest in popularity when gilby was in the band

from the NR video and on (maybe even LALD....he also appears on the tokyo vhs/dvds does he not?

they blew up '88

people were queuing outside their record stores for UYI before anyone knew who gilby was

they coulda got a thousand guys & still toured 91-93

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah they coulda got someone else but they didnt..they got gilby

and they were famous in 88 but they didnt realy blow up until the illusions tour

they were an opening act for Great White, Crue, Maiden and Aerosmith in 88 and the big break was opening a couple shows for the Stones in 89. no shows in 1990 then in 91 they toured from may to august with izzy then UYI was release and Izzy left...they found gilby in Nov and toured basically constantly from December '91 to July '93 ...92 is when they got insanely big ... when dizzy, gilby and sorum were in the band including the paris ppv, the japan dvd's, some of live era, and TSI all feature these guys as well as the majority of the music vids from the UYI era ... i think that is enough of an incentive that they belong in the hall IF gnr is inducted

not down playing Izzy and Steven...just saying the 3 guys above had a hand in making gnr what it became

Board footer