You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

Von wrote:

Inducted lineup should include AFD era, plus Matt and Dizzy. Perhaps Gilby, but that's more of a stretch to justify. However, I'd also argue for the inclusions of at least Robin and Tommy from the so-called "new" Guns.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

As a hardcore who is known for drunkenly talking everyone through every Chinese bootleg anytime I have a few drinks, I know my perspective is skewed, so I tend to lean towards AFD + Matt and Dizzy.  Anyone more than that, and I start wanting everyone in the 2002 lineup.

Sky Dog wrote:

You could make a legitimate argument that no hired hands should get in. Thus, no Matt-Gilby-Dizzy etc.....if the band gets in it is because of AFD so the original 5 who got the first record deal are the only ones appropriate. Matt and Gilby don't have a song writing credit on any original Gnr song. They are the definition of contract employees.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

You could make a legitimate argument that no hired hands should get in. Thus, no Matt-Gilby-Dizzy etc.....if the band gets in it is because of AFD so the original 5 who got the first record deal are the only ones appropriate. Matt and Gilby don't have a song writing credit on any original Gnr song. They are the definition of contract employees.

AFD is probably 85% of the reason GN'R will get into the Hall of Fame. But Lies and UYI were proof that they weren't just one album wonders. Matt, Dizzy, and Gilby should not be allowed to ride the coattails of AFD into the Hall. End of story.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Since some of are giving your opinions on who should be inducted, my question is; do the persons in the band get inducted?

Did a quick browse on their site and it seems that whenever a band is inducted, it's the band-name that gets inducted. Doesen't seem like RRHOF gives two shits if you're an important member of that band or not.

I tried to find a portion of the site that lists some kind of rule on which member gets inducted or not. I only found this:

"To be eligible for induction as an artist (as a performer, composer, or musician) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the artist must have released a record, in the generally accepted sense of that phrase, at least 25 years prior to the year of induction; and have demonstrated unquestionable musical excellence.
We shall consider factors such as an artist's musical influence on other artists, length and depth of career and the body of work, innovation and superiority in style and technique, but musical excellence shall be the essential qualification of induction."

Seems to me that if you are or have recorded and released material with the inducted band, consider yourself inducted!

If GNR gets in, damn that list is gonna be long!
smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Buckethead,Robin,Pitman and Tommy deserve to go in over Gilby... Gilby was a "Touring" guitarist and only recording he was on was a covers album.

HOF usually goes to the members most thought to contribute to the bands fame/success/popularity.

So I'd imagine Original AFD lineup and MAYBE Sorum although he has zero writing credits.

Dizzy simply played parts written by Axl for the most part.. So not sure bout that one either.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Fuck Sorum, if anything just get in the original AFD

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

April 12th....but we don't know if they are going to get in yet.

Supposedly they announce inductees around December, so only a couple months to find out if they're in or not. Kinda funny. I was looking at last year's nominees and Bon Jovi was nominated (not inducted), but they were dropped from the nominee list this time around. How pissed will Jon be if GN'R gets in before his band? I still remember him ranting about how they are still a big touring act, yet everyone in the media seems to focus on Axl/GN'R.

Being a diehard Bon Jovi and GNR fan.. I can say GNR belong in ahead of Bon Jovi. They def have better music/songs on the whole, more complex/deep etc..

Now whose career would i rather have?? Def Bon Jovi.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer