You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

Sky Dog wrote:

April 12th....but we don't know if they are going to get in yet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah madagas...and there is some pretty stiff competition for them ... you figure if only one rock act gets in (or one act per genre) typically they are going up against Joan Jett, The Cure, Heart and RHCP. it will be tough, also if there is controversy surrounding it, i dunno man, RNRHOF may still have a sour taste in their mouth from the VH induction..GnR may get snubbed until they prove that they can be civil to each other

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

April 12th....but we don't know if they are going to get in yet.

Supposedly they announce inductees around December, so only a couple months to find out if they're in or not. Kinda funny. I was looking at last year's nominees and Bon Jovi was nominated (not inducted), but they were dropped from the nominee list this time around. How pissed will Jon be if GN'R gets in before his band? I still remember him ranting about how they are still a big touring act, yet everyone in the media seems to focus on Axl/GN'R.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl respond just like this...

"Ya know I really thought that too. We really had something special with those guys. I never wanted it to end, but Slash wanted to do a solo album, and he just kinda left and quit the band. They all did. I didn't want that but they quit and I moved on the best way I thought we could at the time"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Your move Slash

that wouldn't work. He'd have to own up to some of it. take some responsibility. Then it would work. just saying the same old shit that the guys quit on him = "boo fucking hoo poor me" all over again. owning some responsibility would go over with the fans and media and it would actually make Axl feel better himself even if he doesn't thin he feels bad about it.

This may sound corny but I took this seminar one time and we were to partner up and the idea was to think of a time in your life when you were the victim of something. You'd then do you very best to convince the other person you were the victim. If they bought your story they'd stand up for you. If not they woudln't.  Then you'd do the reverse and actually tell it in a way where you'd own responsibility for your actions. Basically express how, if anything you coudl've done to change the situation.   In the end there is always something a  person can do differently and there's always a way to accept at least some of the responsibility. As cheesy as it sounds it was actually quite freeing to tell the story from an ownership side rather the side of the victim.  It's much easier to let things go and move on when you've owned up to something rather  than harbour all the resentment and  blame.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Of the nominees The Cure deserve to be in their first. especially given the "who knows who will show up" with Gn'R. the Cure is by far the most influential band on the list. Even more so than Guns N' Roses. Perhaps not as successful as Guns but I'd argue more influential than Guns.

Buzzer Beater
 Rep: 3 

One of the key aspects to determine who shows up will of course be who get inducted, which is entirely up to the RRHOF.  I'd be shocked if it was anything other than the AFD and UYI lineups, that is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy will get inducted.  I don't follow closely enough to know how that will impact Axl's likelihood of appearing.  Personally I'd just like to see Axl show and play a couple songs with the guys.  If he wants to go back to the new band afterwards, fine.  If he doesn't show to this thing, there is never any hope IMO.  The guys are too told to really make anything meaningful work after this.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think Axl could only go if he had to keep the line
"it was the only way I could see it moving forward at the time. If everybody was sober, prolific and respectful like we all are today then we could have stayed together sure. But this is now. We are talking about deicisions I made almost twenty years ago. We were all different men then"

then when the reunion question comes up just smile and say "you never know, we gotta lot of ground to cover over beers after this. We'll see how it goes".

Then run back to your mansion and have Bumble rustle you up a martini dressed like Freddie Mercury in the 'I want to break free' video (cause you can) and put your feet up on DJ's back as you've paid him to be a foot rest (cause you can) and laugh manically screaming "Guns N Roses...its all MINE bitches!!! MIIIIIIINNE!!""

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Of the nominees The Cure deserve to be in their first. especially given the "who knows who will show up" with Gn'R. the Cure is by far the most influential band on the list. Even more so than Guns N' Roses. Perhaps not as successful as Guns but I'd argue more influential than Guns.

Influence is a slippery slope. For instance, Nirvana was incredibly influential but I happen to think they influenced a shitload of TERRIBLE music. Likewise with the Cure. Hell, Zeppelin is a victim of this too. They are the godfathers of hair metal/arena rock. Their music is amazing, but the people they influenced suck donkey balls except for maybe the likes of AC/DC and GN'R.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Look... I'm NO fan of Kiss whatsoever.. But for Christ's sake.. They are waaay more deserving to be a part of that shit show than GN'R...The fact that they aren't in the HOF is proof that the HOF is irrelevant. They have Dimebag's guitar in the joint, right? Darrell had a tatoo of Ace Frehley on his chest. So any argument for "influence" has been rendered invalid.

The Grand Ol' Opry has been pulling this shit for years. Hank Williams was thrown out of their little club... Yet a Hank impersonator greets you at the fucking door. Horseshit.

Bono

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Influence is a slippery slope. For instance, Nirvana was incredibly influential but I happen to think they influenced a shitload of TERRIBLE music. Likewise with the Cure. Hell, Zeppelin is a victim of this too. They are the godfathers of hair metal/arena rock. Their music is amazing, but the people they influenced suck donkey balls except for maybe the likes of AC/DC and GN'R.

Influence is influnce though regardless. Nirvana is never getting in based on their body of work but they will get in based on their influence. Same with Sex Pistols. Why were they even nomintaed? It was based on their influence. The Cure has an incredible body of work than spans 30+ years to go along with their massive influence so.... They get in. Or at least they should get in.  I mean Robert Smith inspired an entire generation of kids to dress in black and be depressed that alone deserves an induction 16

Board footer