You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

buzzsaw wrote:

TWAT is great because for the most part it sounds like GnR.  No need to complicate it with analysis.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

TWAT is great because for the most part it sounds like GnR.  No need to complicate it with analysis.

It sounds "like GN'R"?  In reference to what exactly?  What is the baseline "sound" there you're referring to and who exactly determines that is the definitive or baseline sound for GN'R?

Ali

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It sounds "like GN'R"?  In reference to what exactly?  What is the baseline "sound" there you're referring to and who exactly determines that is the definitive or baseline sound for GN'R?

Ali

It's as close to a UYI epic as you can get without actually having the UYI lineup.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Really? TWAT was one of the songs that totally seperated the new line up from the old, imo. If any song could possibly fit UYI it would be The Blues.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And also Ali, let's not start that "who defines GN'R sound" argument, because it's beyond stupid.

We all know what Guns founded themselves on blues-rooted hard rock. Done. The world looks at it that way, it's their legacy, and it's a big reason that almost everyone outside of a fuckin' fan forum's reaction to CD was "what the hell is this shit?". TWAT & TIL are probably the closest out of the whole album to sounding like real GN'R songs.

metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Robins trying to capture pain and heartbreak, and he nails it perfectly, I think its stunning.

When I first heard Robin's solo, it was like nails on a chalkboard t my ears, but it slowly began to grow on me, and now I love it. And you're right, it fits the mood of the song completely.

No doubt Slash would have come up with something great too, but Robin did a very admirable job there too.

I don't HATE Robin's solo either. I don't really hate anything he did, other than butchering the old songs live. His work in SOD & Better & TWAT is quite decent.

I just think GN'R could've done alot better. ALOT BETTER, in terms of recruitment. Let's be honest, the only reason Robin got the call was because Axl had such a hard on for NIN.

I don't care what Axl thinks, a "Pride & Glory"-era Zakk Wylde would've been alot better fit for GN'R in the late 90's.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really? TWAT was one of the songs that totally seperated the new line up from the old, imo.

You're freakin' deaf

TWAT is the most old Guns sounding song on the whole album

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ali

It's as close to a UYI epic as you can get without actually having the UYI lineup.

She knows what it means.  It was a weak attempt to bait me into a discussion hoping she'd win one eventually.  16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree too. It's starting to get annoying. We welcome everyone here, but even still that HTGTH nutswinging ain't gonna fly here. We're too real, too honest, and not disillusioned.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really? TWAT was one of the songs that totally seperated the new line up from the old, imo.

You're freakin' deaf

TWAT is the most old Guns sounding song on the whole album

HUh? The first half of the song fits better with Linkin Park than anything GNR ever put out in 87-91.

The rest, Robin's Solo then Bucket's, is pretty Goddamn original to this line up. The only GNR song I could compare it to is Sympathy for the Devil.

If you want to get technical you could say it was reminiscent of Jungle and NR... But then again, not really. TWAT sounds nothing like old GNR.

And please, other posters have done nothing but try to bait arguments here with stupid, childish, lame, arrogant posts and remarks meant solely to piss off certain people who like the new line up. You want it to stop? Start nipping it in the bud when ANYONE tries to provoke an argument.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't make really ignorant comments about real life and the perception of Guns legacy, and we won't have to come in and correct you.

Board footer