You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Townsville, Australia - Dec.1, 2010 (Reid Park)

Gong wrote:

Bon Jovi has a body of work that spans decades and has hits at both ends of their career.

I prefer Guns N' Roses - but aside from the forums - that band only existed for a few years in the late-80s, early-90s.

No comparison.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bon Jovi, U2, GNR, Metallica are all contemporaries of each other...all competing 80's bands who went toe to toe in the market at the same time during their primes. 

Sabbath and Floyd the same but Nickelback is in a way different era so there isn't the same comparison.

Sky Dog wrote:
Gong wrote:

Bon Jovi has a body of work that spans decades and has hits at both ends of their career.

I prefer Guns N' Roses - but aside from the forums - that band only existed for a few years in the late-80s, early-90s.

No comparison.

so does Metallica and U2....GNR went in to the black Malibu hole.:peace:

Sky Dog wrote:

METALLICA 60 
U2 51.5
GUNS 'N ROSES 43.5
BON JOVI 34.5

riaa US album shipments.....Gnr can still be in the conversation if it consistently tours and releases records.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^ these numbers are what? Edit: got a link? that long list you had was interesting.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bon Jovi, U2, GNR, Metallica are all contemporaries of each other...all competing 80's bands who went toe to toe in the market at the same time during their primes. 

Sabbath and Floyd the same but Nickelback is in a way different era so there isn't the same comparison.

What? When did Metallica get in the picture?

I wasn't trying to lump together bands of the same era. And I wasn't comparing sales. I was thinking about legacy. I might as well had said Rolling Stones, Nirvana and Bryan Adams...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

U2 will be heralded as The Stones or Queen of their generation.

GN'R will probably be more like The Sex Pistols of their gen.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

GnR are far, far, far bigger than both Bon fking Jovi & Ufking2 combined.

obv on current popularity GnR are smallfry in comparison, a nostalgia act even. but their legacy outstrips most every other classic or hard rock band there's ever been.
GnR stand alongside the stones & maybe zep as the holy trinity of rock. U2 r more second tier like the who or such. bon fuckin jovi r somethin else entirely, but i agree they'd be much closer in style for touring partners 2 u2 than gnr/u2 (tho u2 are far superior 2 bfj)

16:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

If there's a "holy trinity" of rock bands, it's the Beatles, Stones, and Zeppelin. Take off your Rose-colored glasses.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

U2 will be heralded as The Stones or Queen of their generation.

Axlin08 wrote:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He's right. Pistols are pretty well-respected because their music kicked ass, but at the same time they flamed out way too quick. GN'R was the same way, although not as influential as the Pistols.

Board footer