You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Townsville, Australia - Dec.1, 2010 (Reid Park)

Naltav wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If you can't tolerate others' opinion then log off, or go to HTGTH, fanboy. 9

Yeah, they didn't play too much 'new' material in 2006 either.

What boring is that Axl 'I wanted to move forward but the others didn't' Rose is still living in the past and living off songs written by people he hates.

Get your facts (and quotes) straight.

During the last year they have played almost the entire latest album.

Past and recent history tells us there is ONE old member he hates.
Nice try though...

How do you know, did you talk with Axl?

No, don't have to. You said "people he hates". That indicates more than one guy. Considering he have either hung out with and/or played with the majority of past members, your statement is most likely incorrect!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Regardless of new or old songs played, I think it's pretty poor of the band to come all the way to Australia for only four shows, and only play 16 actual songs in their set.

I'm sure the show was good, and people enjoyed it, but it's still disappointing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

On a positive note, in the recent photos, it looks like Axl has lost a bit of weight too.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Regardless of new or old songs played, I think it's pretty poor of the band to come all the way to Australia for only four shows, and only play 16 actual songs in their set.

I'm sure the show was good, and people enjoyed it, but it's still disappointing.

Yeah, the show yesterday seemed unusually short.

Hopefully they'll ad songs to the remaining shows!

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Olorin wrote:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The ignorance is amazing. It's totally cool to love and support the new band, but the completely unrealistic opinions of their status is amazing. They are viewed as a washed up classic rock band full of replacement players. There is no way that in their current state that they are bigger than Bon Jovi. It's time for some of you to come to grips with what this band really is instead of what you wish it was. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, but you guys are making yourselves look silly.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Who said they were bigger than Bon Jovi?

johndivney wrote:

GnR are far, far, far bigger than both Bon fking Jovi & Ufking2 combined.

obv on current popularity GnR are smallfry in comparison, a nostalgia act even. but their legacy outstrips most every other classic or hard rock band there's ever been.
GnR stand alongside the stones & maybe zep as the holy trinity of rock. U2 r more second tier like the who or such. bon fuckin jovi r somethin else entirely, but i agree they'd be much closer in style for touring partners 2 u2 than gnr/u2 (tho u2 are far superior 2 bfj)

Sky Dog wrote:

You've been in the pub too long...cut him off!

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

If you measure it in form of legacy, GNR ranks way above Bon Jovi. Don't think anyone will argue that. But when it comes to bringing in money on touring, Bon Jovi and U2 have been on the very top for some years now.

But even measuring GNR, Bon Jovi and U2 together in form of legacy is a bit wierd for me. It's kinda like measuring Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and Nickelback. Huge bands that have sold shitloads of albums. But which up and coming band would say they were inspired by Nickelback?!

Board footer