You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: London, Ontario, Canada - January 25, 2010 (John Labatt Centre)

Axlin16 wrote:

Nice

Chinese Democracy Tour... 14

That still kills me. The only band in the world that toured an album for nearly 10 years. Well, other than AC/DC who's still touring the same album after 30 years.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

considering the clusterfuck that gunsnroses.com usually is, I find it funny that they list it on the ticket.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

considering the clusterfuck that gunsnroses.com usually is, I find it funny that they list it on the ticket.

Yeah that caught my eye before "Chinese Democracy Tour".

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Has anyone picked up on the "8:00PM" start time?

[Insert cliched and tired joke about lateness] 16

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Has anyone picked up on the "8:00PM" start time?

[Insert cliched and tired joke about lateness] 16

Well there are 2 openers.  Figure they'll play for around an hour each so I wouldn't count on GNR going on at least until after 10, probably closer to 11.  Especially considering there will be a break between each set.  I've only been to 2 shows, but have never experienced the "lateness" everyone talks about.  I was fully prepared to wait for hours on end but they promptly took the stage at MSG in 2006 and in Hartford in 2002.  The wait in Hartford was a little more than MSG but nothing to write home about.  Plus the girls flashing over the jumbotron helped pass the time nicely.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

They went on after midnight one of the shows I attended.

This is a BIG leap of faith, but i'm guessing with the wall Axl's hit on lateness and the fact that promoters don't exactly leap at GN'R anymore, with lucrative deals at least... Axl might make a firm commitment to go on no later than 11pm.

That's me jumping WAY out there and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This is a BIG leap of faith, but i'm guessing with the wall Axl's hit on lateness and the fact that promoters don't exactly leap at GN'R anymore, with lucrative deals at least... Axl might make a firm commitment to go on no later than 11pm.

He gave his reasons for going on late in the chats, I doubt he'd change for promoters.  He'll go on when he's damn ready!  Of course, like I said before, he DID go on quite promptly at MSG.  Maybe he didn't want to mess with such a big/important city/arena, so maybe he CAN be influenced.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He gave his reasons for going on late in the chats, I doubt he'd change for promoters.  He'll go on when he's damn ready!  Of course, like I said before, he DID go on quite promptly at MSG.  Maybe he didn't want to mess with such a big/important city/arena, so maybe he CAN be influenced.

Well what I meant more, was an 11pm start time would be more of a "middle road" compromise.

Late... but not 'super-late'.

Board footer