You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Here's all the important DJ Ashba answers from the chat

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

40 new gnr songs?

no, just 40 gnr songs.

wouldn't be comfortable jumping to conclusions about how cool this guy is for Guns, is not the first and only chat he's done where he's answered a good few Guns questions? given the attention Bumble has given the fans since joining the band i think it's a little unfair to bitch about him these days.

Uh, no offense, but I could care less how much of a nice guy Ron is, but besides his Q&A here his interviews are pretty lame when it comes to GNR. I've never seen a member of a "band" so unwilling to talk about "their" band. No one was asking him business questions... Just what was going on with "his" band. But, whatever. It was lame. And if its considered "bitching" calling him out on it than that's what I'll continue to do.

And the little I've heard of DJ, just some clips on youtube, his playing sounds nothing like Slash or any bluesy AFD vibe people say they hear.

And there's no such thing as Santa. Bah humbug.

johndivney wrote:

it was only this year ron started diverting questions about the business side of Guns - it was because of something he said in his interview on here (i think) (about finances) being initially misconstrued that it seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back. and i actually think what he said was first taken out of context on here, at least from what i could ascertain from my lurking in the gnrweb.. my point is it's the fans' fault ron started putting some distance between us and him, and that he was never anything but super cool to the fans.

granted, he has always been timid with regards confirming news, but at least he talks to us - the only time we've heard from tommy over all these years was when billboard phoned him to verify some of the answers they couldn't understand from axl's incoherant rambling. we never heard from robin, as for bucket talking to anyone you must be joking. paul huge? fortus? ron's been the only link the fans have had to gnr for a long time, man.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It's no way our fault... I've never seen Ron ever want to talk about GNR. He even parodied himself on "That Metal Show" when he had a fake lawyer with him and wouldn't answer any GNR question. All Ron talks about regarding GNR is how cool everyone in the band is, and how everyone jumps to conclusions about what goes on in the band. Well, hello? I wonder why when you won't answer anything... Like is a member of the band still in the band? That's not an Azoff question. I don't even consider asking why they didn't promote the album, or what happened to the Better video to be an Azoff, business question. He even said its not his place to talk about GNR. Wtf? Are you a member of this band or not?

I'm not saying he's not a good guy, and the Q&A with him was really cool, but he has never been open like DJ has. And the funny thing is, DJ isn't really saying anything huge. Like practicing with the band. That's more than Ron ever has. It's ridiculous to blame the fans for him not wanting to talk about GNR, man. But if you want to blame yourself go right ahead.

Tommy used to talk all the time until every timetable he gave for CD's release blew up in his face... Which in part I see as Axl's fault. And Richard is a bit of a flake in the GNR world. And he doesn't give 2 shits about it either 16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

When was there a chat with DJ?

johndivney wrote:

i'm not blaming me, i've never spoken to him. but there are hundreds, maybe thousands of gnr fans who email ron as soon as the smallest rumour hits. for the first two years of his being in the band he was the only contact we had until he couldn't be fked answer the crap anymore. me, i'm perfectly behaved. i don't actually really give a shit if they talk or not, just as long as i can hear their sound..

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

40 new gnr songs?

no, just 40 gnr songs.

wouldn't be comfortable jumping to conclusions about how cool this guy is for Guns, is not the first and only chat he's done where he's answered a good few Guns questions? given the attention Bumble has given the fans since joining the band i think it's a little unfair to bitch about him these days.

Uh, no offense, but I could care less how much of a nice guy Ron is, but besides his Q&A here his interviews are pretty lame when it comes to GNR. I've never seen a member of a "band" so unwilling to talk about "their" band. No one was asking him business questions... Just what was going on with "his" band. But, whatever. It was lame. And if its considered "bitching" calling him out on it than that's what I'll continue to do.

And the little I've heard of DJ, just some clips on youtube, his playing sounds nothing like Slash or any bluesy AFD vibe people say they hear.

And there's no such thing as Santa. Bah humbug.

Not that I need to defend Ron at all costs.  But Ron talks about GNR like a windmill compared to Dick.  Fortus even refused to answer a question concerning who came up with the idea for his guitar solo.  And in Ron's defense his red dictator won't let him talk more about "his" band.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yes, he talked to the fans. Still does. I never said he didn't. He just talks a lot about nothing, when related to GNR.

And those lame fans actually wanting to ask him about the band he's a part of. What a bunch of A-holes.

And in Ron's defense his red dictator won't let him talk more about "his" band.

And according to Ron, that's not true. That's one of the things he does talk about. Matter of fact, he would probably say you were making that up 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
war wrote:

exciting yet predictable

a lot of the answers were political

Very good young Skywalker. This guy knows the internet game with GN'R, and is telling you all what you want to hear.

Like anything with GN'R, wait and see (which I guess he did say quite a bit to give him credit).

40 GN'R songs... i'll believe it when I see/hear it.

I figure pretty much all of AFD
+
half of UYI I
+
half of UYI II
+
all of CD
+
a few from Lies or some covers

would make that number. If that one thing alone were true, Axl would gain alot of lost points back REAL quick with me. Especially the UYI stuff.

I would pretty much hit my knees and say "ahh" if it were new CD vault cuts being unleashed on us.

I think that's pretty safe to say.  Anybody got an exact number of songs they played last time out?  I know they typically played around 20 songs per show, and they played some songs just a handful of times (Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, etc.)  Not sure if they'd bring back the other covers they did "You Gotta Move", "Sway", "Sailing", "Back in the (whatever city/country they'd be playing)".  Maybe 28 songs total, somewhere in that range?  You add the rest of the CD songs and you're in the mid 30's, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40.  So I wouldn't expect them to dig up many, if any, obscure UYI tracks.  But 40'ish songs is more to choose from than their last time out, so maybe we'll see more changes on a nightly basis.  That'd work for me.  Still would love to hear some "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", "Civil War", etc.  Maybe Ron will play another GNR song as part of his solo and force Axl out there.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
war wrote:

exciting yet predictable a lot of the answers were political

Very good young Skywalker.

lol pretty sure i'm several years your veteran

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In life or the GN'R game? 16

I've spent the better part of my "life" (if that's what people call it) following this really stupid band.

I should've been a fan of like Creed or something. 14

Board footer