You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

misterID wrote:

Yeah, Rivers is good, and he has that weird Big Ben quality where he makes a play in situations that 97% of QB's can't. I don't think he's the best leader, though. I've heard most of his team hates him.

I think the big problem is that the Chargers defense is just really mediocre. Either Merrimen needs to get back on the juice or get out of a 3-4 defense, because those tackles are having their way with him.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bears look awful right now. They really could use this win since Green Bay won this afternoon. Cincinatti continues to impress.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is gonna be a devastating loss. With Minnesota losing and Green Bay winning, this was a must win game. Season not over yet obviously, but you cant lose these types of games if you're serious about a playoff run.

Sky Dog wrote:

birds hammered by the boys...rough day coupled with a Saints comeback.

Communist China

The Bills win another game they shouldn't have. Really good defense on this team, considering how piss poor the offense is every game. Looks like we might make it to 7-9 for a 4th straight season after all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

brady has put together a couple huge games here...is it safe to say that he's back in top form? or is it cuz they played a couple bad teams?

Communist China

Tampa Bay is 0-7. Tennessee is 0-7. I don't think you can really get too happy over those wins. Brady probably is back to form but these past 2 games aren't enough proof for me. They have a bye next week, then they play Miami and Indianapolis. After those games we should know how good they are and if they should be considered Super Bowl favorites.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i mean i'm happy with the wins, but ithink you're right, they dont prove SB favoite worthy team, and i havent got to see the last two games...but brady is putting up huge numbers, so he appears to be back to form, but i guess the same holds true somewhat, once they face some good passrush we'll see his poise more? still its encouraging to see the kinda numbers he's put up the last couple weeks, cuz his game was off for the first few weeks

Communist China

I'm biased because I hate Bill Belicheck, but I agree with whatever poster was saying that the blow outs have been because of some insecurity about the team. He runs up the score like no other head coach does, so while the Pats clearly won, they didn't need to win by as much as they did and other coaches would've started running the ball once they had a 20 point lead in the second half. The Pats try to humiliate their opponents, and have since 07, and I predict karma will continue to fuck them in the ass for it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My Dolphins sure gave the Saints a run for their money. They had to work for that win.

But it was disappointing, as for awhile there it looked like Miami was gonna beat one of the top-tier teams in the league (the other being Indy of course).

Board footer