You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

slashsfro wrote:

I'm not saying he's a permanent failure. Although coming from USC playing in the cold wet weather of New York is going to be very hard for him for years to come. But he got a lot of praise for his first several performances and many people predicted the Jets to win the division easily (I also thought that could happen). And it simply won't. 5 INTs in one game is not the performance of a good player. It's not the performance of an ok player. If the Jets need him to win any games this year they will lose those. If the defense isn't great and the run game isn't dominant, they will not win enough games. The Bills are not good. Throwing 5 picks to that team, who had 4 picks in the 5 games prior, is really humiliating.

I think its the hype he got after those two games that really irked people like me,  CC.  The guy has good physical tools but he only started like 20 games at USC and as time has gone by, opposing DC's have figured out his weaknesses and he has looked awful in most of the games.  The Jets did the smart thing by trading for Braylon Edwards and giving him a WR to throw to.  But at this point it is still a learning process.  I wouldn't be suprised if NYJ ended up like 6-10 after the 2-0 start.

The end of the Bears game had to be frustrating.  The long KR by Atlanta that set up the GW td and the killer false start penalty by the veteran Pace when they were looking at a 4th and 1.  The good news is that the Eagles lost too; it is basically a 3 team fight for 1 spot--Eagles, Bears, Packers.  Eagles play the Bears later on and GB will play CHI in Soldier Field.  Bears play another tough one against CIN next week though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah that was a tough loss. Not a season killer obviously, but Atlanta is a team they could easily face in the playoffs. Losing these non division games makes the division games even more crucial.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Man the Vikings are starting to impress me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Personally I think TB is going under the radar in bad teams talk. They played Philly last week & the TB head coach, some 33 yr old novice, was joking around with McNabb on the sideline. But it was obvious the guy was starstruck... Like "Hey, it's Donovan McNabb, lemme say something funny to him.". Meanwhile his shit teams in the toilet. No way Gruden or Cowler do that stuff.

As for Philly, I finally do think this is Andy Reids last year here. The Phillies are taking this town over big time, and people hardly even talk about the Birds, let alone care very much. I can't imagine anyone buys their shirts & Jerseys much right now, and we're 1/3 into the season. I'm sure they've made a deep cut into their merchandising sales, and the owner must hate that. I think the Vick signing may have been for that, a play making Jersey seller to spark interest. Well that failed miserably.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

This guy should be suspended at least 2 games. Also, NFL should do something to help defenseless punt returners. I think allowing more physical contact on the "gunners" to slow them down so they don't get there so early.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If the Titans fire Fisher they're just friggin stupid. They need to get rid of the defensive coach. And I do give them a bit of a pass with their starting DB's being injured and the Patriots took big advantage of it. But it's not Fisher's or Collins fault the wide outs can't catch a pass. Collins was 2-12 INT with 9 drops by his receivers. They dropped 6 passes in the 4th qrt last game. You're not going to win with that. Just fire them all and get a new receivers. You've got Marvin Harrison, Jerry Porter and Koren Robinson out there right now.

Kerry Collins isn't going to light up a scoreboard. He's a QB for a team with a fantastic run game and great defense. Maybe he should go to Carolina?

My probem with Fisher is that he has wildcat plays ready with Young and isn't using them...  He's using them in warm ups to try and "fake out" the opposing team. WTF?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

VIDEO: Silver & black had 12 men on the field during kickoff!

Cheaters.. 16

Sky Dog wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This guy should be suspended at least 2 games. Also, NFL should do something to help defenseless punt returners. I think allowing more physical contact on the "gunners" to slow them down so they don't get there so early.

In high school, I was a receiver, free safety and returned punts. Being the white boy that I am, I was not looking to take it to the house so pretty much would fair catch everything. I was the hands man. 19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Safety was always my favorite position.

Man, do I hate the Broncos. Since the curse I put on Mark Sanchize seemed to work I'm working my voodoo on Denver... They shall implode...

And the Chargers are overrated.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I agree that the Chargers are overrated but Rivers is in my opinion the 3rd best QB in the league, and there's a lot of great QBs this year. Rivers is often forgotten but the most consistently high rated passer in the league.

Board footer