You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah he's a douche. In his defense Heyward-Bey only has 2 catches more than he does, and he's going to be joining a good team, so it might have blown over by the end of the season. Still a dumbass though.

Braylon Edwards was traded to the Jets too.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah he's a douche. In his defense Heyward-Bey only has 2 catches more than he does, and he's going to be joining a good team, so it might have blown over by the end of the season. Still a dumbass though.

I wouldn't expect much from Crabtree this year.  It's not often a rookie WR makes an instant impact, especially one who holds out and misses training camp and the first quarter of the season.

Braylon Edwards is a potential great move for the Jets.  He has big play potential and gives them 2 quality WR for Sanchez to work with.  He's been pretty bad the last year plus though, but a change of scenery could be what the doctor ordered.  He drops a lot of balls too, even when he's going good.  It's worth the risk though, we'll see how much it pays off.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't think he's a douche. I think he got bad advice. I think his agent is definitely a douche. He would have been benched or kicked off the team at Texas Tech if he was a "locker room cancer" like so many people are assuming based on his holdout. Mike Leach does not fuck around and has been known to kick players off the team or bench them, regardless of whether they are a star. People need to remember that it's a business first and foremost. For fuck's sake, Singletary held out during his rookie year and he ended up being the ultimate team player. Crabtree has apparently been working his ass off on his own, which is more than you can say of most holdouts. And I fully expect him to end up with better numbers than DHBust. Al Davis is such a damn fool. What a waste of money. $40 million on a kid that can't catch. Catching a football is not something you just learn with practice. It's like shooting free throws. Shaq practices his butt off at shooting free throws but still sucks.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like Crabtree as a player and think he's a good guy or else Mike Singletary wouldn't have supported him being drafted. This year he probably won't do much, but San Fran is shaping up to retake that division in the coming years.

The Edwards deal might be good for him, but if he keeps dropping balls in NY they'll run him out of town. But if he becomes a star player again, watch out for the Jets.

The GB game was close, and if a few things happen differently GB comes away with the way. Minnesota also has the advantage of having played Detroit and Cleveland, so while I think they're the best of that division, they're not out of reach at all.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the green bay game was close in the first quarter and they made it look that way at garbage time at the end of the second half. the vikings were two steps ahead of green bay when it mattered. they dominated on all fronts. rodgers did play exceptional for the beating he took though.

Communist China

The Bills suck.

Cincinatti is for real.

That is all.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Can't believe they lost 6-3 to a team who's QB threw 2 completions.

Communist China

Anyone else want to jump on the Broncos bandwagon with me?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Can't believe they lost 6-3 to a team who's QB threw 2 completions.

The stats for Derek Anderson (the winning QB!)

2-17 23 yards 1int

At this point the Bills have to think long and hard about whether or not that Trent Edwards is the QB to lead this team in the future and beyond.  I know the OL is bad, but still some of these performances are head scratching.  It seems to be a good year for QB draft prospects.  If one is available when they pick, the Bills have to think long and hard about taking him.  They haven't had a good QB since Jim Kelly retired.

The Bills suck.

Cincinatti is for real.

That is all.

I feel your pain as I'm stuck watching the Titans play and it is a very miserable fucking experience.  Can't wait for that Bills-Titans game later on in the season.

I think Cinci is actually one of the better stories of the NFL season.  Cedric Benson has done a very good job for them after being dumped by the Bears.  I'm glad he turned it around since I liked watching him play in college.

Anyone else want to jump on the Broncos bandwagon with me?

Not quite.  While I think Indy is the class of the conference right now, I think they can be beat by a team that plays ball control against them and just wears out their D and keeps the ball away from Manning.  NE has issues with injuries right now and I think they might have lost their starting LT to a knee injury.  The rest of the AFC South is a joke and I think there is a distinct possibility that the AFC north sends three teams to the playoffs.  I just haven't seen enough of Denver to make an opinion on them yet.

This year the NFC is a far superior conference top to bottom.

Jauron, Zorn, and Fisher have to be feeling the hot seats on the coaching front.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pats got beat... bwhahahahaha. 14

Board footer