You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Joe Montana couldn't win with the Bills.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Man, I am really starting to hate Sanchez... Or the media love for him. Jesus. I watched that game. The Jets can thank the bonehead rookie for fumbling 2 punts in the Jets 30 yard line and the fact that the Titans Wide outs forgot how to catch a pass in the 2nd half. 13 incomplete passes in a row (with 3 of those drops coming from the same receiver!) is ridiculous.

If it weren't for that The Jets would have been destroyed, especially in that second half when Sanchez played A-W-F-U-L. Though the media seems to be looking over that...

He pretty much sucked after the first quarter.  The first drive was the only one where he played well after that he benefited from the gifts from the Titan special teams.  At some point DC are going to figure out his weaknesses and exploit them.  I wouldn't be surprised if he fell back to earth quickly.

I think your blaming the receivers a bit too much.  Kerry Collins deserves some of the blame too with his happy feet for much of the afternoon.

I just read that JaBust Russell threw for 1 yard in the second half today. 1 fucking yard. LMFAO, I could do better than that.

LMAO too.  This game was on in my area and I smartly avoided it as I had seen JaBust performance in week 1 vs Chargers.  I'm still kind of surprised that they passed on Calvin Johnson since he possesed the attributes that Davis likes in a player.

So....um..........how 'bout them Lions? lol

Congratulations Russ.  Jim Schwarz is a smart and likable guy and he will get that team competitive again.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

buzzsaw wrote:

But Steve Young could.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's cold!

What sucks is that they have a really good offense, but are at the mercy of their offensive line. People make a big deal about the Packers not having a line or The Steelers. My ass. Watch a Bills game.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

LMAO too.  This game was on in my area and I smartly avoided it as I had seen JaBust performance in week 1 vs Chargers.  I'm still kind of surprised that they passed on Calvin Johnson since he possesed the attributes that Davis likes in a player.

Al went for the guy with a big arm, zero touch, and shit for brains. And this year he went for the guy with great speed who can't catch and can't run routes. DHBust. Certainly DHB's chances of being good will be hurt as long as JaBust is throwing to him. It's a two-edged sword. Not only is Russell a bust in his own right, but he is going to ruin the development of their overpaid rookie receiver. Granted, it's Davis' fault for drafting a receiver that can't catch and can't run routes. 16

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Hey guys, what is your opinion about Sanchez?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

After watching the TN game, don't base your opinion on him from the highlight reels on ESPN. He was awful after the 1st half of the 1st quarter.  But you would have never known that from watching Sports Center.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Sanchez is a good QB, who is being overrated at the moment, to no fault of his own. Expectations for him will be unfairly high for him, and when he struggles, people will wonder why. He will struggle, there will be growing pains for a young QB.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I know it's early in the season, but I'm calling this week a must win for the Bills. They're 0-7 in their last 7 division games, they need to get a win against Miami because NE and Jets are going to be really tough games. To go to 1-3 and 0-2 in the division is really hard to battle back from, plus another loss or no-show from TO and that situation will start to get bad.

With Chad Henne running the Phins offense this is really a game Buffalo should win, and if they can't win the games they should win then they have no chance this year.

Beast Mode is back, so hopefully that'll spark us a little bit.

Board footer