You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

JaBust Russell continues his miserable 2009 season. Despite improving his accuracy a bunch this week, he still has a horrible stat line. Check it out...

12/21 for 61 yards, 0 TD's, and 2 INT's. All of this adds up to a QB rating of 22.6 for the day. 16

My grandma could put up better stats than that.

Shameful that someone of such ability is even allowed to make a nickel in this league.

Al apparently loves him, no doubt because he's the #1 draft pick and Al has already convinced himself that there is no way JaBust could possibly be a bust. Raiders will not improve until Davis takes a dirt nap.

Guess who was in that draft with JaBust? Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. Guess who the Raiders have recently drafted? McFumbles (bust) and Heyward-Bust. They wasted three draft picks on those positions when they could have easily had one of them taken care of if they didn't draft JaBust. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Davis should have sold that team twenty years ago. The league should have pressured him right before the bonehead move back to Oakland occurred. I'll never forget that. Probably the worst franchise move in league history(yes, worse than Arizona).  Supposedly millions of people wanted the Raiders back in Oakland. At least that was the line they towed to get the move approved. When it happened, you could hear a pin drop in the whole state and could no longer watch Raiders games on TV because they never sold out.

In the coming 5-10 years, there are a few teams that the league needs to deal with....

Raiders

Obvious reasons

Detroit

Either new ownership, change of city, or possible removal from the league.

Tampa, Miami, and/or Jacksonville

One state cannot handle three bottom feeders. One of these teams has to go, and you could make a case that two need to go. Miami is untouchable as it has such a storied history with the league. Tampa or Jacksonville. Flip a coin.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Tampa sure has fallen a long way after winning the Super Bowl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Also, who made the suggestion to the Seahawks to wear those blinding neon jerseys?

I also thought it was strange with the odd use of jerseys today. Why were the Jets wearing uniforms that made them look like the Steelers? Made no sense. I can understand using those 70s Namath era retro jerseys, but that was out of left field.

NFC North is going to be the bloodbath that the East usually is.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bills offense finally shows its true colors. Defense actually played quite well, they gave up some points at the end though when it became clear that the offense and coaching staff had quit on them.

Was pulling for SF because I'd like to see that franchise get back on their feet, but congrats to Minnesota for a good win. Redskins are in deep trouble, they had playoff aspirations to start the season but they are not playing well at all. Giants and Kolb's Eagles are better.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

In the coming 5-10 years, there are a few teams that the league needs to deal with....

Raiders

Obvious reasons

Detroit

One state cannot handle three bottom feeders. One of these teams has to go, and you could make a case that two need to go. Miami is untouchable as it has such a storied history with the league. Tampa or Jacksonville. Flip a coin.

Detroit at least looks like it could turn it around now that they got rid of Millen.  If they didn't do anything to the Bengals with Mike Brown's reign of terror in the 1990s they won't do anything to Detroit.

It's gotta be Jacksonville as they have been having problems selling out games.  The NFL has put placing a team in LA a priority, they'll move at some point. TB just had a new stadium put up (within the last 10 years) and it might be hard to break the lease with the city.

I also thought it was strange with the odd use of jerseys today. Why were the Jets wearing uniforms that made them look like the Steelers?

I can explain this one.  I think the Jets-Titans(formerly known as the Oilers) were celebrating some AFL anniversary and both teams wore throwback jerseys.  The Jets used to be called the Titans and wore those dark blue jerseys and The Titans wore their old columbia blue Houston Oiler Jerseys.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, Terrell Owens calls out Rodney Harrison after Harrison called him "a clown" on NBC earlier:

I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!

Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U're a loser & a cheater? Got any steroid ...

Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!

http://twitter.com/terrellowens

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The Jets have worse those uniforms off and on for the last couple years. They are throwbacks to when they were the New York Titans. Add to that, they are celebrating the old AFL this year. Even the officials are wearing old AFL uniforms.

Another good win for my Giants. Granted, it was Tampa Bay, but I NEVER take a team lightly in the NFL. The Giants defense held the Bucs offense to under 100 yards total offense. Total domination.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Davis should have sold that team twenty years ago. The league should have pressured him right before the bonehead move back to Oakland occurred. I'll never forget that. Probably the worst franchise move in league history(yes, worse than Arizona).  Supposedly millions of people wanted the Raiders back in Oakland. At least that was the line they towed to get the move approved. When it happened, you could hear a pin drop in the whole state and could no longer watch Raiders games on TV because they never sold out.

Raiders

Obvious reasons

Detroit

I agree something like this needs to happen, but not really for the reasons you say (althought, they'd all be good choices).  The talent pool has just become too diluted with 32 teams.  The NFL's making more money the way it is, so it'll never happen, but I'd like to see them go back to 30 teams, or even the 28 that a lot of us grew up with. 

That diluting is part of how you end up with these teams being able to stay so bad, even in the era of parity.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, Terrell Owens calls out Rodney Harrison after Harrison called him "a clown" on NBC earlier:

I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!

Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U're a loser & a cheater? Got any steroid ...

Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!

http://twitter.com/terrellowens

When did Rodney call him a clown?  It wasn't the fake Rodney on twitter was it?  The one who had a battle of words with Kerry Rhodes, but it wasn't really Rodney Harrison.

And for the record, Harrison used HGH.

Board footer