You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

FlashFlood wrote:

brady's second td pass to watson was one of the best thrown balls i've ever seen. amazing catch as well. perfect connection over the back shoulder.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm very impressed by Trent Edwards, especially behind that line.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Jerod Mayo injury update

Mayo has sprained MCL
Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff September 15, 2009 08:50 PM
According to two sources with direct knowledge of Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo's injury, Mayo sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee on Monday night against the Buffalo Bills.

One source said that Mayo was expected to be out 6 to 8 weeks with the Grade 3 MCL sprain, but the other source said that the timetable is "not that bad" and Mayo is expected to be back quicker than that.

Mayo suffered the injury following a 16-yard run by Buffalo running back Fred Jackson during the first quarter of the Patriots' 25-24 win over the Bills. That was only the sixth defensive play of the game for the Patriots, excluding plays nullified by penalties.

The second-year linebacker and 2008 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year was able to walk off the field under his own power and was examined on the sidelines before heading back to the locker room. He did not return.

Today Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the injury to Mayo, one of the team's two defensive captains, along with Vince Wilfork, and its defensive playcaller, was not considered season-ending.

"I don't think that is what it is," said Belichick.

Now, we know.

misterID

misterID wrote:

My prediction:

Dallas falls apart as the season goes on, the Bills get better.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Hell-0 guys

My picks are Bills (The great TO!!!!!!!!) and Jets cause Mark Sanchez have some latin influence.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

GO GIANTS!!! One of the sweetest wins I can remember (not counting the Super Bowl run of course).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This...is...awesome...

343m1lf.gif

16:haha::haha::haha:

misterID

misterID wrote:
misterID wrote:

My prediction:

Dallas falls apart as the season goes on, the Bills get better.

cool

For those of you who'll say its just week 2...

SHUT UP!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I'm a lifelong Bears fan, but I think I might like Rex Ryan's Jets knocking off the Pats more than I like the Bears knocking off the Super Bowl Champs.

I can't wait for some more Rex Ryan soundbytes this week.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that sucked yesterday! i dont think brady is 100% yet...and having Welker out didnt help, as good as Edelman and Galloway were they are not welker...and no touchdowns....ouch

Board footer