You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

Tommie wrote:

I gotta say, I was impressed with the Eagles defense.  But I wonder if it was that our defense was just that damn good, or if Carolina is just that bad...?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fuck Jay Cutler!!! Can't believe they even had the nerve to call this clown "the franchise". Gonna be a rough season for Chicago. With just one competent QB this decade, Bears could have been a dynasty.

I don't know if this defense can carry them the whole season. If they do, gonna have to be a LOT of 9-6 victories.

Getting rid of Thomas Jones worked wonders for this team.... 14

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Fuck Jay Cutler!!! Can't believe they even had the nerve to call this clown "the franchise". Gonna be a rough season for Chicago. With just one competent QB this decade, Bears could have been a dynasty.

I don't know if this defense can carry them the whole season. If they do, gonna have to be a LOT of 9-6 victories.

Getting rid of Thomas Jones worked wonders for this team.... 14

I said earlier it reminded me of watching Kordell Stewart, where it was obvious that he had no idea where his receivers were supposed to be.

I'm still not entirely convinced how much is on Cutler and how much is on the receivers, but either way, what a mess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know all the blame is going to go on Cutler, but those Chicago WR's were a HUGE part of those interceptions. That was some of the most inept performances for wide outs I've seen in a long ass time.

ESPN were actually trying to blame Aaron Rodgers stale performance on his receivers! He has some of the best in the NFL! Did they watch the game? 14

Drew Brees is a beast.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I do agree Cutler is overrated, BUT he's not the only one to blame.  His WR corps. is among the worst in the league.  He's not exactly throwing to Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal this year.  I'm sure they'll get better as the season goes along.  They showed some flashes tonight.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Well my hometown team (Texans) looked like total shit today in all three phases of the game. If they play like that the entire year, 0-16 here we come!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

McNabb went down with broken ribs today...  the Vick soap opera continues more interesting than expected.

I doubt he factor in to the starting role much. He's suspended next week anyway, so Kolb will start & they'll likely resign AJ Feeley. If Kolb does bad AJ will start week 3. I think they have a bey week 4 or 5 so AJ/Kold will start until then. McNabb will be back after the bye (week 5 or 6), so Vick won't factor in except as a wildcat type option. If McNabb plays badly later on, yes it will get interesting.

Eagles totally surprised me. I didn't expect a blowout victory. At all. Defense looked really good & OL played well. I'm not saying it's indicitive of their season & record, but it was a really good start.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Well my hometown team (Texans) looked like total shit today in all three phases of the game. If they play like that the entire year, 0-16 here we come!

Dude, what is up with that douchebag Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech?!!  Is he really going to sit out the whole season?! 

Dumbest idea since that RB from Ohio State decided to try to come out as a freshman. Can't think of his name right now, which only reinforces how dumb his idea is.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Dude, what is up with that douchebag Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech?!!  Is he really going to sit out the whole season?! 

Dumbest idea since that RB from Ohio State decided to try to come out as a freshman. Can't think of his name right now, which only reinforces how dumb his idea is.

Maurice Clarett

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He's an idiot. He's going to lose a ton of money if he sits out the year and re-enters the draft. He would be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round under that scenario. Not because of talent, but because of character issues.

That being said, I am a Tech alumnus and fan, first and foremost. I am grateful to him for creating a lot of interest in our program across the country from big time high school receivers. 2 blue chip prospects for the class of 2010 from the state of Florida have committed to Tech because of Crabtree's success. These guys were both offered scholarships by Florida, Miami, and Oklahoma among others.

Board footer