You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

Neemo wrote:

pfft....

the guy has had more comebacks than Kiss

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He has to beat Chicago twice before even dreaming of the playoffs.

I wish him luck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

If nothing else, the NFC Central is pretty competitive, Detroit aside though you never know. Still, with Minn's RB, they have quite an offense. My guess is they knew Favre would sign, and Favre knew, he just took off for training camp & 2 a days, but has been working out & studying the playbook.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Did he get 2 years $25 million??? If so, that's absurd!! Unless it's like $5 mil the first year & $20 mil the second (cut him after 1 year) or some crazy incentives (SB victory or stats he'll never reach.)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

If nothing else, the NFC Central is pretty competitive, Detroit aside though you never know. Still, with Minn's RB, they have quite an offense. My guess is they knew Favre would sign, and Favre knew, he just took off for training camp & 2 a days, but has been working out & studying the playbook.

initially that's what i thought when he announced he would stay retired but...............

after hearing his press conference his story seemed believable and included tidbits of his daughter.

if he was lying the whole time to avoid training camp he lied about his daughter without having to do so.

I just think he was ready to let go forever and this is the best and last shot he's gonna get.

james, you were picking the vikes a while back and now you're thinking the bears stand in their way.

to me, the vikes won the division last year and improved in the off season, more so, than the bears.

James

James wrote:

The Vikings were definitely an SB contender 2 years ago. Like the Browns, they choked in the last few weeks.

Anybody can rise to the top in this current NFL era, including the Vikings with Favre at QB. I simply stated that before they even dream of a Super Bowl, they need to knock out the Bears twice. That division is competitive, and if you're a bona fide contender, gonna need to sweep some of your division match ups because if you don't, you basically have to win 6 or 7 of your non division games to get in.

at Cleveland
at Detroit
San Francisco
Green Bay
at St. Louis
Baltimore
at Pittsburgh
at Green Bay
Detroit
Seattle
Chicago
at Arizona
Cincinnati
at Carolina
at Chicago
NY Giants

You think that's easy? Those last three games are gonna be brutal, especially if all three are in playoff contention, and that Vikings team isn't winning in Soldier Field in below zero weather.

By the time they lose to Pittsburgh, they could be 3-4 and on the verge of a total collapse.

James

James wrote:

This Bears schedule is interesting. Not easy, but I could definitely see them go on a long winning streak after those first three games. I'll highlight the potential win streak with possible wins afterwards. 

at Packers
Pittsburgh
at Seattle
Detroit
at Atlanta
at Cincinnati
Cleveland
Arizona
at San Francisco
Philadelphia
at Minnesota
St. Louis
Green Bay
at Baltimore
Minnesota
at Detroit

--------

That would get them into the playoffs(and a home game), and they could win that Philly game and maybe even that first Green Bay game. I realize the Bears have problems and have had problems for several years, but its a team that you don't want to sleep on because they quickly go from being a laughingstock to the most feared team in the league.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I really dont think a 40 year old Brett Favre coming off of rotator cuff surgery is going to do a lot for the Vikings. This isnt the same Favre from ten years ago. And this is coming from a fan of his.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I don't know how much better the Vikings are with Favre.  More exciting, more fun to watch?  I'll give you that.  He's better than Tarvaris Jackson, I'll give you that.  Not sure he's a whole lot better than Sage Rosenfels though at this stage in their careers.  Favre played well and had the Jets moving in the right direction last season till he got banged up.  Then he sucked.  The guy is obviously not getting any younger, so who's to say he can bounce back again and stay healthy this time?  That's asking a lot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

definately will improve bernard berrian and it'll also open up things for adrian peterson with a pass threat available now

Board footer