You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: First Listen: Green Day's '21st Century Breakdown'

PaSnow wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I'd rather listen to bands like Paramore and The Killers, who at least are keeping up with the scene and are making music that's less thought out and more playful than Green Day

I gotta disagree with you on "Paramore"... Green Days been around since 1995. Alot of bands & one hit wonders have come & gone since then. While I'm not a huge Green Day fan, their career to me has been sporadic with hits & misses, I think they deserve credit in their longevity. We'll see where "Paramore" is in 3 years, let alone 10.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Has anyone got or heard this yet. I bought it the other day. It's a grower, takes a couple of listens to really appreciate but there's some great songs on there.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I listened to some songs on Rhapsody, I liked the few I heard (21 Guns, See the Light, & Peacemaker I think). Sounded worth buying. A very good followup to AI. Good rock record.

Since I'm going to see them later this year I'll have to get this one.

I'm not a big fan but I don't say no to a good show.

A Private Eye

If you liked AI in any way, shape or form it's definitely worth checking out imo.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I downloaded it onto my mp3 player, but haven't heard any of it yet.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I hate 'Know Your Enemy' but the little bit of the rest of the album that I've heard has been pretty good, even if it just seems like a sequel to AI, which I didn't love. But summer is starting and it's a Green Day time of year. Some nice weather days driving just need Dookie playing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Know Your Enemy is one of the worst tracks on it. Also yes some of the "epic" tracks feel forced, as does the anti-political and anti-religous statements. It does sound like they don't know what they're talking about(see their interview with Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 for a great example of this, when they discuss religon). But despite all this most of the songs are still good and it's an enjoyable record.

A Private Eye

Axl S wrote:

Know Your Enemy is one of the worst tracks on it. Also yes some of the "epic" tracks feel forced, as does the anti-political and anti-religous statements. It does sound like they don't know what they're talking about(see their interview with Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 for a great example of this, when they discuss religon). But despite all this most of the songs are still good and it's an enjoyable record.

I'm not too interested in their 'message' or whatever they wish to sing about, be it religion or politics, I can make my own mind up about stuff like that. I'd rather just have a good album to listen to and that's what I've got.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

It's decent. I feel it's ok. Like AI better.

Board footer