You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: First Listen: Green Day's '21st Century Breakdown'

Von wrote:

I see what you're saying jorge, that's a good point. I always just viewed the audience being foreign as incidental.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

http://stereogum.com/archives/new-green … 55931.html

First leak of a new Green Day tune - sounds like an American Idiot reject. Overly-grandiose, epic by design, and lacking in anything memorable. It's like Green Day does Madagascar.

This track will be excusable if the majority of the album is better, so I'm not hopeless, but it looks like another American Idiot to me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It sounds NOTHING like Maddy to me.

Freddie Mercury must be spinning in his grave, to have this steaming pile of turd be compared to one of the great Queen songs.

With that said... Gay Day fans should like it. It's totally them. Fag.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axlin08 wrote:

It sounds NOTHING like Maddy to me.

Freddie Mercury must be spinning in his grave, to have this steaming pile of turd be compared to one of the great Queen songs.

With that said... Gay Day fans should like it. It's totally them. Fag.

It's totally not Green Day until American Idiot. And it's not that the song sounds like Madagascar, its that it stinks of the same forced-epic boredom.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I really get the whole forced-epic feel out of this song.  There's nothing catchy or memorable about this song.  The changes don't really seem right to me, and the piano at the beginning is bad. 

And it sounds like they are trying to make American Idiot over again.  So I'm guessing now they are going to non-conform by conforming some more. 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I really get the whole forced-epic feel out of this song.  There's nothing catchy or memorable about this song.  The changes don't really seem right to me, and the piano at the beginning is bad. 

And it sounds like they are trying to make American Idiot over again.  So I'm guessing now they are going to non-conform by conforming some more. 16

Green Day made almost every girl cry during my prom. Now that just bleeds punk.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Your prom was pre-American Idiot wasn't it? 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Your prom was pre-American Idiot wasn't it? 16

I'll bet any amount of money it was 'Time of Your Life"

I'm with Jorge on this one. I don't think AI was anti-American.. and I wouldn't want a song to directly reference Iraq, or Bush/Cheney etc. I like it to be more vague. 3rd Eye Blind has a pretty political song out now, that borders on corny because of this. And I haven't really listened to/read all the lyrics, but Jesus of Suburbia is a great song.

Besides, pre-American Idiot Green Day was going downhill & stale. Dookie was never anything more than music for 16 year olds with hair dyed with blue or red kool aid stuff. And their albums began using the same 3 chord schticks over & over (Minority, Warning.. aren't they the same song?!). I can understand if ppl didn't like AI, or Russ thinking it's overrated, but without it they would have faded into obscurity.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i fucking HATE green day!!!!!

Board footer