You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Great Interview with Slash on UYI I and II

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ … -ii-496629

The story of Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion I & II
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ … -ii-496629
PS: Its 6 pages in total, and a great interview with lots of inside info!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cool nice fnd mate

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love hearing how songs are created, etc...  Great read...  Makes you remember how fucking big this band used to be!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listening to the UYI Albums all the way through...

Just got done with UYI and Civil War is on...

UYI, wow, fucking amazing, when you just let the whole thing play, wow..  Brilliant, and now Civil War.. 

The guitar solos are fucking ace, even on shittier songs like "Back Off Bitch"... The Garden, Don't Damn Me, Coma, Perfect Crime, all have some kick ass solos..  Slash's playing really is so damn tasty. 

The whole band sounds awesome.  Don't Damn Me too.. Greatest American Hard Rock Band ever...

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Looking forward to have a read.

Agree with what you say about the solos on some of those tracks you listed.  That's one reason why I like listening to some of the demos and versions without lyrics, you can really hear some awesome guitar work in there.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I listen to them every week have since they have came out at work

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, great interview. I listened to the demos of Double Talkin' Jive, the guitar demo of November Rain, studio Coma, demo of Civil War, and the piano demo of Estranged... while reading.

Great read, great ambience.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The guitar solos are fucking ace, even on shittier songs like "Back Off Bitch"... The Garden, Don't Damn Me, Coma, Perfect Crime, all have some kick ass solos..  Slash's playing really is so damn tasty.

That's what that I love about the albums, even on the less great songs - Slash's killer solos. On every track he plays a great solo(s).
He was really on fire recording for all of this, like he was proving to the world that Appetite wasn't a fluke.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but I don't think Slash tells the whole story about his interest in the material. He downplays it now, because 20 years have passed.

I'm sure it was a fuckin' egotistical nightmare for Axl to get Slash to solo on those ballads tho. Just a gut feeling.

johndivney wrote:

Perfect Crime isn't a shittier song it's top 10 Guns

dont even care for the solo. by comparison DDM is shitty but one of the best solo's in the Guns catalogue

but yea slash & axl really cemented their credentials w the UYI material & performances.. there'd be no doubt after the set they belonged with rock's legends. Slash makes them two outrageous guitar records while Axl's lyrics & songwriting propelled rock back to its genius.

Board footer