You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash isn't worthy of being in the same sentence as Neil Young....in any form of discussion.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Thanks God, there is no Slash hatred. (Can I write Slash's name this close to God?) It's wonderful how a spiteful Axl interview can make GNREvo a Slash bash fest. I'm impressed, good work! 5

This is hilarious.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

Guns N' Roses fans take things too seriously.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Thanks God, there is no Slash hatred. (Can I write Slash's name this close to God?) It's wonderful how a spiteful Axl interview can make GNREvo a Slash bash fest. I'm impressed, good work! 5

No one is bashing him. Just because everyone doesn't think his discography is loaded with 100% gems doesn't make it a bash.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'll say it again, as soon as any criticism flows in any direction but toward Axl, the insults fly. We're told to "fuck off" or we are "ignorant." If people responded the same way when Axl is criticized, this forum would be a warzone. I guess some people can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Why can't this thread turn into a Slash bash fest. If someone can bring up Slash in a thread about Brain (where's the sense in that?), then we can certainly bring up Slash in a thread where Axl talks about Slash.

And I'm with James, where is the bashing? Unless your definition of bashing is "not agreeing with me," then there is none.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't see the Slash bashing.  They are right.  Slash is an amazing blues rock guitarist.  He has occasionally stepped out of that mold with limited success, but he's one of, if not the best at what he does, so he sticks to it.  That's ok.  Embrace it.  Even if he did branch way out, the truth is it would probably go as unnoticed as CD did.  The general public wants to hear Slash being Slash, not Slash trying to be BH or EVH.

There's far less Slash bashing than Axl bashing (if you want to call it that) going on here.  That is pretty much undeniable.  Yes, there are reasons for that, but it doesn't change the facts.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
bigbri wrote:

And I'm with James, where is the bashing? Unless your definition of bashing is "not agreeing with me," then there is none.

Read back.

The only cause this thread turned into an anti-Slash thread is that some people wanna justify Axl's hatred. It's simple. And some are wondering how can his hangers-on move him like a puppet. No, it's the opposite: he influences other people. Anyway, I'm officially done with this conversation.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

so how is Axl doing 2 million ballads on CD  singing about the same shit every song diverse?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
-D- wrote:

so how is Axl doing 2 million ballads on CD  singing about the same shit every song diverse?

I didn't make that point, nor did anyone else that I remember?

Board footer