You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

bigbri wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Honestly, I can only stomach one VR song. Set Me Free. And, since we're all being honest. I got over Slash's blues-rock obsession about 15 years ago. He's so good, I'd like to see him try his hand at something that challenges not only himself, but his fans. I have a feeling he's not up to challenges though. He's in his comfort zone.

There, I feel better now.

I like this post and I do agree with u that Slash does seem to be in a comfort zone and not really to the task of trying to really go all out and work hard.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of great guitar players, players who are regarded as some of rock's best, have made a career out of doing what they do best, staying in one genre, one-dimensional even. They've created some of rock's greatest riffs early in their career and coasted after that. Angus Young and Joe Perry come to mind. Slash is definitely in that category.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bri is dead on in his Slash assessment. The dude has gotten predictable as a guitar player since leaving GN'R.

In a weird way, I almost wonder if Axl pushed him to his true potential.

Now Bucket or Izzy, those are guys that just pick up a guitar and make something fuckin' cool happen every time.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Slither riff is the only song post GNR where Slash actually reached his past in terms of talent IMO

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont think Slash gives a fuck about pushing back bounderies, he is happy as a pig in shit rocking out on his guitar.
Slash has released some mediocre stuff but he dont give a fuck, he was active and keeping himself occupied.

Axl took god knows how long and an unbelieveable amount of resources and talent just to make a decent record.

All members of GN'R were more inspired in their youth.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Why do we have to argue over each member of the band, who was better, yada, yada, yada? I love Axl. I love Slash. No need to pick sides in this. They have all effected our lives in some regard or another.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
DCK wrote:

Slither riff is the only song post GNR where Slash actually reached his past in terms of talent IMO

For the sake of argument some Snakepit riffs are just awesome. And the Messages riff owns half the riffs on Chinese Democracy.

But I agree with NY.. I dig it all. I don't find a need to compare and say who is better because at the end of the day nothing they all do without each other will fall short.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Oh hell yeah, Messages is just briliant in my opinion.

YGNR is also a very unslash like song.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The 'Slash is a one-trick pony' mantra is just from the same source as the 'Slash is a liar' chant. Not true. Those who think Slash is a one trick pony obviously didn't bother to listen his works - that more diverse than any of his former bandmates'.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The 'Slash is a one-trick pony' mantra is just from the same source as the 'Slash is a liar' chant. Not true. Those who think Slash is a one trick pony obviously didn't bother to listen his works - that more diverse than any of his former bandmates'.

I needed a good laugh... 19

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

What did i miss? Seriously. You must think I haven't heard his stuff.

Board footer