You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Lomax wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Maybe Slash fucked Stephanie. Would explain everything.

Nah, you would have seen Stephanie in a herpes commercial long ago.

Fucked beta maybe?

Is Fernando Slash's Illegitimate son?

Has Axl secretly been raising Slash's bastard?

Tune in next week.

When all shall be revealed in this "Game of Bones"

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think there's probably a lot more to it than we know, but I think Axl felt Slash wanted to be THE man in GNR and assume the power.  Most lead singers don't tend to deal well with anyone else being the center of attention.  I think he also feels he tried to work with Slash in certain areas, but Slash was too stubborn to give in.  And ultimately, I don't think Axl likes how Slash has painted him to be the villain in the bands demise amongst other things.  It also probably doesn't help that the vast majority of people tend to side with Slash on these matters.

And obviously, Axl had some major problems with the "lies" told in Slash's book.

Obviously you could flip most of those things around the other way, but I think that's the root of the problem(s).

All in all, I think a lot of it stems from jealousy.  Slash is well liked and respected by most everyone.  It's tough to find someone with a bad word to say about him, outside of these forums at least.  The same cannot be said for Axl.

Problem is, Slash is so much more savvy and articulate than Axl.

Axl's interviews require the Da Vinci code to decipher.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In some ways Axl is highly articulate, in terms of verbalising thoughts,  but I think he's not good at slowing down his thinking to a speed that's republishable as a 5 word quote as a magazine headline - except when he's angry and then it's like "Axl says kiss my ass" or whatever.

I almost think you can read Axl right to left on a page.

He seems to think a thought, start articulating it but predicate his main point with a series of disclaimers and stipulations and clarifications that make sense later in the sentence when you know what the issue he's talking and thinking about is. I find his way of writing factinating, if you re-read it and sort of concentrate on the words then you see he tends to express himself much clearer than someone like Slash. Slash i love but I always get the impression he just says what the interviewer needed to hear.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl dwells and stews on shit and can remember every little detail of when someone "wronged him."

Slash seems like he doesn't give much thought to things like that and probably remembers things the way he wants to, like the Jetboy thing.

I would bet Slash couldn't really say what their beef is, but I guarantee you Axl could. And in great detail.

Axl should stop living in the past, that's all I'm going to say about it. 9

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl dwells and stews on shit and can remember every little detail of when someone "wronged him."

Slash seems like he doesn't give much thought to things like that and probably remembers things the way he wants to, like the Jetboy thing.

I would bet Slash couldn't really say what their beef is, but I guarantee you Axl could. And in great detail.

Yeah it would likely be a book called: "A tale of why I hate Slash by Axl Rose" or "My hate of / An Axl Rose Account"

Self-esteem plays a role in this as well. A confident person wouldn't hold onto a grudge that long.

I mean some grudges one can get, but by the looks of it what he has on Slash isn't worth the negative energy and effort. Just forget about them and yeah you hate them leave it at that. Don't acknowledge them and move on.

johndivney wrote:

I'd bust a nut n spray it all over my YouTube stream if The 5 did One in a Million @ this thing.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If what Slash did was really that bad I don't think Matt, Duff, Stephen and Izzy would be friends with him today. It would have all come out by now anyway.

You note that none of Axl's people have ever put it out there either. Why? Because there is nothing to tell. It would have been used by them as a weapon to batter down Slash's high approval rating by the public long before now.

What Slash did was to not go away like Izzy & Duff did. His continued high profile means that he remains a reminder to Axl & the world about the old band.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

If what Slash did was really that bad I don't think Matt, Duff, Stephen and Izzy would be friends with him today. It would have all come out by now anyway.

You note that none of Axl's people have ever put it out there either. Why? Because there is nothing to tell. It would have been used by them as a weapon to batter down Slash's high approval rating by the public long before now.

What Slash did was to not go away like Izzy & Duff did. His continued high profile means that he remains a reminder to Axl & the world about the old band.

This is exactly it. Axl probably simply resents the fact that Slash went onto to become an absolute icon in the industry. He went on to have an incredibly successul career without Axl. Other than touring festivals under the Gn'R name(which Slash helped create in a  mega way) the same cannot be said for Axl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

He took the brand, but couldn't take away the fame from Slash.

I think faldor listed some things that could have pissed Axl off. True. But. I think any of us, even the _usual suspects_ could make a much longer and dirtier list from Axl, and most of it would date earlier than Slash's moves. Just sayin'

Board footer