You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Vinyl LPs (In general)

buzzsaw wrote:

Okay, here are the LPs...keep the mocking to a minimum.  I do enjoy all of these and have listened to every single one of them since I bought almost all of them in the last 6 months.  I am heavily influenced by my mom (loved oldies) and my dad (loves folk and singer/songwriters)...probably explains why I love good harmonic singing.  Some of these were albums my brothers loved while growing up that just grew on me.  I didn't buy these in order of how much I liked them; I am a bargain hunter always looking for good deals.  I enjoy that almost as much as the music.  Almost all of them are used except the absolute newest ones.  Almost all of them are nostolgic in some way or another...probably not surprising either.

Artist                    Title
Aerosmith                    Permanent Vacation
Aerosmith                    Pump
Air Supply                    Greatest Hits
Beatles, The    Beatles '65
Beatles, The    A Hard Day's Night
Beatles, The    Second Album
Beatles, The    Abbey Road
Beatles, The    Beatles VI
Beatles, The    Meet the Beatles
Beatles, The    Anthology 1
Beatles, The    Anthology 2
Beatles, The    Anthology 3
Duran Duran    Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Everley Brothers, The    The Everley Brothers: 1957 - 1962
Green Day                     Kerplunk
Green Day                     39/Smooth
Green Day                     Dookie
Green Day                     Warning
Green Day                     American Idiot
Green Day                     Bullet in a Bible
Guns N' Roses    Appetite for Destruction
Guns N' Roses    Use Your Illusion II
Guns N' Roses    Use Your Illusion II (sealed)
Guns N' Roses    Chinese Democracy (sealed)
Journey                     Greatest Hits
Matchbox Twenty    Exile on Mainstream
Monkees, The    Greatest Hits
nine inch nails    pretty hate machine
Pearl Jam                     Ten
Peter, Paul, and Mary    10 (Ten) Years Together
Neil Sedaka    Neil Sedaka Sings His Greatest Hits
Styx                     Paradise Theater

I could have sworn I had TSI somewhere, but I can't find it.  Will be getting UYI I and Lies if/when I find the right deal.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Those are some solid records my man.

Couple questions for you;

1) Which Pretty Hate Machine do you have? I've seen the original album and the remix/remaster one out there and I'm never quite sure which one to grab so I never get either.

2) What did you pay for that Matchbox hits collection? I had no idea it was on vinyl and I'd love to get it but I need to know what to pay for it.

1) It is the remastered edition, but honestly I didn't notice much difference.

2) I don't know...I can't find it in my purchase history at Amazon, Best Buy, or Ebay.  I don't remember where I got it from.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  Some of those are certainly on my list of albums to get eventually.  I commented to my wife when PYT came on the 80s on 8 that I couldn't believe I didn't have Thriller yet.  It's on the short list.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

DAMN! You got quite a good stack of music my friend!  11 Keep up the good collecting. Could I make a recommendation? You should check out the Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys. I got the 2 CD set and it came with a free poster, booklet with info & pics, the music, and a Smile button! I think the big box set comes with alot more good shit. I found a copy of We Sold Our Soul by Sabbath on CD at Border's for a good price too. I was originally just going to get Paranoid and try to find a Greatest Hits lying around. I hear the Megadeth Peace Sells remastered vinyl LP kicks ass too.   I didn't know alot of this music on vinyl could be found.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

DAMN! You got quite a good stack of music my friend!  11 Keep up the good collecting. Could I make a recommendation? You should check out the Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys. I got the 2 CD set and it came with a free poster, booklet with info & pics, the music, and a Smile button! I think the big box set comes with alot more good shit. I found a copy of We Sold Our Soul by Sabbath on CD at Border's for a good price too. I was originally just going to get Paranoid and try to find a Greatest Hits lying around. I hear the Megadeth Peace Sells remastered vinyl LP kicks ass too.   I didn't know alot of this music on vinyl could be found.

Thanks man! And I definitely want that SMiLE sessions set on vinyl. It's one of the ones I want so bad but keep not pulling the trigger on it for some reason. There's a place by my house that has very reasonable vinyl prices and they throw a 20% off sale every so often. I may finally get to picking that up next time they do it.

Oh..sweet! hope you get a good deal on it! Happy hunting! cool

Board footer