You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Rehearsals Streaming

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Well in all fairness they were supposed to be a "stream" in the first place. They were never meant to be up other than a live stream but Ron left them up for a while for fans to enjoy. But later when it became "THEY'RE DEFINITELY PLAYING ESTRANGED AT RIR!" he just pulled them.

NO NO NO!!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, BEING ALL "REALISTIC" N' SHIT!??  NO WAY IN HELL IT CAN BE THAT SIMPLE!!!

It's a conspiracy, I'M TELLING YOU!!!!! And the so-called Malibu Mafia is involved!

I FUCKIN' SWEAR!!!!!

roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

This paranoid bullshit is really boring.

The thing is though that it seems Axl is quite unpredictable...so my guess if that people who pull things or whatever are just hoping to avoid setting him off.

Take St Louis. Pretty sure that wasn't the first time he saw a camera in the audience. But that day he decided to do something about it. You never know.

Axl might get up that night, read the boards talking about him playing estranged and go "cool, let's play estranged" or he might get up and go "fuck that, in fact fuck this whole gig".

Maybe he gives a shit about what you might think is a small detail, or maybe he doesn't even care what any of us think at all. I think both are true at times. No way to call it at any one moment.

So I think "his handlers" and people around him get a little jumpy and overreact to anything they consider has any chance to annoy him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Well in all fairness they were supposed to be a "stream" in the first place. They were never meant to be up other than a live stream but Ron left them up for a while for fans to enjoy. But later when it became "THEY'RE DEFINITELY PLAYING ESTRANGED AT RIR!" he just pulled them.

NO NO NO!!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, BEING ALL "REALISTIC" N' SHIT!??  NO WAY IN HELL IT CAN BE THAT SIMPLE!!!

It's a conspiracy, I'M TELLING YOU!!!!! And the so-called Malibu Mafia is involved!

I FUCKIN' SWEAR!!!!!

roll

Oh shit! Someone heard DJ play 8 seconds of Estranged. OH MY GOD! PANIC! PANIC! Some internet geeks heard Estranged!!! Oh My God, they might think we're actually going to play it live... Oh My God!!! Quick, take it all down! Take it all down! This reaction is so much better than just saying it was a little jam and trusting the intelligence of the majority of fans who love this band and will undersatnd!!!! No!!!!! Must overreact!!! Feeble little minds can't handle this!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*HUGE EYE ROLL*

roll

AtariLegend wrote:

I haven't seen the whole stream, just the heard the Estranged audio and Welcome To The Jungle video upload.

It kind of seemed intentional to me the way Bumblefoot was talking/reacted when DJ played that bit, like on a TV program. Just tease guys and say we'll play this at the the show and the we'll be right back bit.

Didn't at all sound malicous or serious in anyway, just teasing with Bumblefoot and DJ messing around.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so anyway to steer the discussion from the possibility that they may or may not play any specific tune on tour...ron looked like he was doing ok healthwise big_smile

great news

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

They should be looking to pump the shit out of the US gigs with a new take on a now very old set.
I don't understand the adversion to a bit of fan excitement.

Poor Ron, years as a struggling musician has given him a big appreciation of the average fan and how they pay really do pay your bills..

I have a feeling Axl wouldn't mind at all, I think most of us here believe that this is one of the bottom feeders showing their ass and demanding this be removed from the web.

All these years later, I still can't believe that Fernando ordered Tom Zutaut out of a GNR event. Once I heard that this kind of insane behaviour was allowed I knew deep down in my heart that GNR old, new, reunited, divided, whatever would never be right. This just confirms that the 'war of nerves' method of running the band still prevails.

I note that Ashba seems a lot quieter these days too.. probably not getting his writing workshop together with Axl and realising just like Slash, Robin, Bucket and everybody else that he's just not that special in the long run.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

axl-rose-005-img_66263.jpg

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I FUCKIN' SWEAR!!!!!

roll

Oh shit! Someone heard DJ play 8 seconds of Estranged. OH MY GOD! PANIC! PANIC! Some internet geeks heard Estranged!!! Oh My God, they might think we're actually going to play it live... Oh My God!!! Quick, take it all down! Take it all down! This reaction is so much better than just saying it was a little jam and trusting the intelligence of the majority of fans who love this band and will undersatnd!!!! No!!!!! Must overreact!!! Feeble little minds can't handle this!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*HUGE EYE ROLL*

roll

Estranged is my favourite song and I never felt any particular excitement when I heard it, more like ...uh thats cool, and went back to watching what else was happening in the vids.
GNR pay way to much attention to a tiny minority of nerds. Infact it goes beyond that, I've thought it a million times, its like they are blind to all the positive and they zoom in on the negative aspects.

Its like htgth, in a thread of positive conversation one voice pipes up that doesnt share the mass opinion, and instead of letting it pass by jarmo and his cronies will pick him out the crowd and start an argument and completely derail the thread.

Stepping on eggshells is an understatement when dealing with this so called "GNR camp."

Roll eyes! 14

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Oh and another thing that folks who never seen the stream might not know is.....

Bumblefoot was scanning the chatbox and said something like, "No dont gimmie that Fuck Slash shit, none of this would be here today without him, you dont have to put down one thing just to prove you like another, its alright to enjoy the past, present and future you know."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Estranged was never the greatest live song to ever live, no different than TWAT.

It's my favorite GN'R song ever, but I have no clue why the GN'R camp or Buzz holds the 91-93 performances like they are sacred.

They weren't. Slash butched the fuckin' guitars on a nightly basis, and Axl would get bored half-way and yell at the lighting guy, which kills all flow.

But that "glorious fuck up" routine was what made Guns -- GUNS. Now everything's gotta be PER-FECT and National Security-like secret, for Axl to do it.

Dude, seriously... whether it's you or your people -- Nobody cares man. Nobody cares. Only sexless, DVD player-petting geeks.

Board footer