You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Townsville, Australia - Dec.1, 2010 (Reid Park)

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:

Axl doesn't mime but its extremely obvious he does use a backing vocal track at certain points durring some of the new songs. Shakcler's Revenge being the most noteable.

I for one have no probem believing the complaints about sound issues. It's always been an issue with Gn'R. yes we have some great examples of great sounding shows(I just started a thread for one) but there are many, many examples of bad sounding shows and far too many instances where Axl's vocals are a major issue. the two shows I saw in Calgary and Edmonton in 2006 were fucking pathetic as far as Axl's mic volume goes. You could barely hear him at the best of times and for much of the shows he was competely inaudible. Having said that the show I saw in Calgary back in January was fucking great and the sound wasn't an issue.  It's pretty obvious Axl doesn't surround himself with the most compitent audio guys in the business. Couple that with his habit of not showing up for soundcheck and sound issues are forever going to be an issue with thsi band.

Good post! lots of good points made here.

I noticed in the review there was a few seconds delay in axl lowering the mic after each verse and vocal still coming out.

BTW  my wife says she would wait 2 hrs to see GnR and shes not near the fan I am! If the folks leave the show to make the train or whatever they use over there anyone can film that and say droves leave early. I would have to have a car or bike in an area like that!

I do not understand why people go to shows of a band there not into. Like yeh ide drive 4 hrs to see GnR but not 10 mins to see say Cher. I have heard some of her songs. but say i won tickets or thought hay i want to go out tonight and see thats here i may go. but would expect nothing but being out of the house.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Some more flattering reviews keep coming in...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=150359

Angry GUNS N' ROSES Fans Slam AXL ROSE's 'Imitation Band' (Video) - Dec. 3, 2010
According to New Zealand's 3 News, fans at GUNS N' ROSES's December 1, 2010 concert in Townsville, Australia say they were left disappointed and angry by the performance.

Although they are a cover band, without a doubt, the performance is really fine. I don't know if there were any problems in Townsville, but this line-up is doing its job quite well.

I don't like the 'media and the whole world is out to get Axl' bullshit, but in this case it's very likely that the journalists wanted to get some attention and chose the easy route with the 'this is an imitation band' and 'Axl is evil' cliches.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Alot more videos are in from townsville
that havent seen them im puting them in tour show & interview thread

Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - Reid Park, Townsville - 1/12/2010

Wen I was a kidIi had a Karaoke machine that I could remove vocals and some lead guitar.  The first GnR bit I ever learned from  was @ 3:07
If any of you guitar players here havent learned this part its such an eazy feel good Riff . I love the change in the song here and the drums also.

I fuckin love RQ live!!!  9 9:rock::mosh::mosh:

jamester

jamester wrote:

DJ  resurrecting Dont Cry leads! almost full band

jamester

jamester wrote:

Again Dj leaning on the short solo @  125 ish  to bad it isnt full vid

I want a good quality full version of ...

Board footer