You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Lisbon, Portugal - October 6, 2010 (Pavilhão Atlantico)

Neemo wrote:

great set thanks for posting Naltav!

as for jams/solos...they really arent all that long tbh...they fuck around while the piano is wheeled out and stuff. the guitar solos spots and Axl's solo are the longest of the bunch at a 2-3 minutes or so

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I know a lot of people like NB & WLR but if I went to GN'R shows for the rest of my life and never heard either, I'd be quite happy.

i agree ... you may as well add KOHD and LALD to that list as well

Sky Dog wrote:

one full cover a night is fine...just rotate them. 4 full cover songs along with the cover interludes like Another Brick is just too much. mad

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Exactly, they should play some more GN'R originals. A cover band, playing even more cover songs, is kinda sllly... hahaha

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's kind of douchey to say, but it still remains true. New Guns N' Roses is the greatest cover band in the world. 16

russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nice Boys... that's a nice little alternate

I know a lot of people like NB & WLR but if I went to GN'R shows for the rest of my life and never heard either, I'd be quite happy.

I'd love to see them bust out with the Lies version of You're Crazy instead. Since they've played it at acoustic shows over the years, it would be pretty easy to include I would think.

Actually that's why I referred to it as "nice little alternate". I think it's a cool little goodie for the diehards, but I never cared for the song either. Their version of Whole Lotta Rosie is fanfuckingtastic. They need to make it a staple, and also cut a studio version imo with the 2010 band. They've made it their own. I certaintly would rather hear Guns 2010 performing WLR, rather than LALD & KOHD. Both of those songs, especially KOHD wore out their welcome YEARS ago. KOHD hasn't been listenable imo since 1992.

Instead of You're Crazy or Used To Love Her, how about blowing peoples minds and popping in Move To The City. God I love that fucking tune. So Stones. It's like the greatest GN'R song no one knows about, other than Estranged.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

imo KOHD '06-'10 is easily the best GnR have evr done the song save 1 or 2 epic performances from the old guys, but it doesn't need to be played every single night.
Crazy/UTLH/City are all awesome but i def prefer the 2 acoustic numbers outta the 3. we can all agree that there's  a hella back catalogue of tunes that could be brought thru - woulda loved 2 see them rip thru Perfect Crime 4  another example..

Board footer