You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Vikings defense needs work though. No way that shit's going to work in the playoffs. Saints surely are for real. And I see Bill Belichecks back to his whiney old self after losing last week by getting mad & running up the score against lesser opponents. WAHHHHHHHHH.

back to his old whiney self?? come on. when you have a chance to send a message to the league, send it. this team played for 3 quarters and still won 59 nothing.

Send a messege??  What message?? Denver can beat them & New Orleans could blow them out, but they can blow other teams out too?!! 

Wow, great messege. Unfortunately nobody cares if you're second best. That shit may have worked in 2007 when they were 10-0 or whatever, but when you're 3-2 (almost 2-3) and there's 4 undefeated teams in the league, nobody's scared of ya!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I normally don't agree with teams running up a score against a worthless opponent, and the starters should have sat out the entire second half, but Flash does have a point. The league is topsy turvy this year. Tons of shitty teams with only a select few trying to rise to the top. Patriots needed to make a statement that they are a force to be reckoned with.

You can bet your ass that people are paying attention after that 59-0 massacre.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Fuck em. Just Belicheck being an ass.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Let's talk in 4 weeks, after NE plays MIA, INDY, NYJ & NO.  If they go 4-0 then THAT is a message.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Let's talk in 4 weeks, after NE plays MIA, INDY, NYJ & NO.  If they go 4-0 then THAT is a message.

Hell, 2-2 would be a message. 16

Pats are not gonna have an easy path to the playoffs. They will more than likely get in, and if/when they do, nobody is gonna want to play them in the wild card round.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Man TEN is definitely the WORST team in the league right now.  Thankfully, they still have the Rams on the schedule and I think that'll be their only victory.    I've not sure they've made a statement against a team starting two rookie CBs and a statue at QB.  I'd wait till they play a real team before making a judgement.  Their OL is still going to be a problem moving forward.

Still can't believe how the Eagles lost to the Raiders and even allowed JaMarcus Russell to throw for a TD.

NO and MIN have heads up on HFA but NYG has proven that they can win on the road in the playoffs so its not a big deal for that team.  I'm still surprised by the NFC West.  I thought SEA would go on a winning streak after last weeks game.  Looks like a fight between SF and ARZ for the division crown.

CIN suffered a blow today when they lost their starting DE.

Oh, BTW TEN had -7 gross passing yards, the first team since the AFL/NFL merger to finish with less than zero.  Makes that Derek Anderson performance from last week look great.

James

James wrote:

Something has to be done with that team. Not sure what exactly, but the league may need to intervene. I have been watching football since 1984, and I don't think I've ever seen a worse team. Even if they wind up winning a couple, they're still the worst. They make a high school team look like the 85-86 Bears. That whole organization should be ashamed. Their run towards a SB last year is comical in hindsight.

They wont beat the Rams.

They aren't alone in their mediocrity. The race for the number one pick in the draft is gonna be a bloodbath.

NO and MIN have heads up on HFA but NYG has proven that they can win on the road in the playoffs so its not a big deal for that team.

They are definitely in the driver's seat, but home field isn't what it used to be. 16 It helps obviously, but I'm not the least bit worried if Chicago sneaks in to the playoffs. They can walk in to either stadium and win.

Two monster NFC teams:

New Orleans
Minnesota

Teams right on their ass and capable of beating both:

New York
Chicago
Green Bay
Atlanta

Everything else is a crapshoot.

Oh, and I would LOVE to see Minnesota, Chicago, and Green Bay all make the playoffs. Unlikely though. Two will certainly make it.

I'm still surprised by the NFC West.  I thought SEA would go on a winning streak after last weeks game.  Looks like a fight between SF and ARZ for the division crown.

That division is a mess. I'm picking Arizona to take it.

AFC in an almost identical predicament.

Indianapolis
Denver

Next level:

New England
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Baltimore

Everything else a crapshoot.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Mark Sanchez is bad.

Come on, no he's not. He is a rookie QB. And he played like a rookie today.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm not saying he's a permanent failure. Although coming from USC playing in the cold wet weather of New York is going to be very hard for him for years to come. But he got a lot of praise for his first several performances and many people predicted the Jets to win the division easily (I also thought that could happen). And it simply won't. 5 INTs in one game is not the performance of a good player. It's not the performance of an ok player. If the Jets need him to win any games this year they will lose those. If the defense isn't great and the run game isn't dominant, they will not win enough games. The Bills are not good. Throwing 5 picks to that team, who had 4 picks in the 5 games prior, is really humiliating.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Just got back from the New England game.  Man was that a crazy game.  Not just because of the score and the total ineptness of the Titans.  But what the hell month is it?  SNOW, almost blizzard like conditions before Halloween.  It's usually a big deal if it snows in New England before Thanksgiving.  This is just ridiculous.  I want an all out investigation on the weather patterns.  It's getting out of hand.

Board footer