You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: True Blood

jorge76 wrote:
madagas wrote:

great ending last night too....Lafayette cracks me up and I am starting to really dig Jessica. Alot of different, potential story lines and characters developing. 5

Lafayette is my favorite character by far.  A girl I was dating got me the book that the 1st season is based on for Christmas.  One thing that I was disappointed about with the book is that a lot of aspects of that character aren't in the book at all.

Spoiler if you didn't watch this  last Episode
Hope they didn't just eat him, but it sure didn't look like it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my wife has all the books....i havent read any yet though

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

my wife has all the books....i havent read any yet though

I don't know if they're all like this or not, but the first one is 100% 1st person from Sookie's perspective. 

That was my big complaint with the book after watching the series.  A lot of things happen in the series where Sookie isn't there, so, obviously those things aren't in the book.

Also, the Tara character isn't in the first book at all.  The girl who gave me the book had read some of the others and said she is in them.  I don't know if they moved her story arc forward timewise or if they just came up with some stories for the series to get the character in there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

was it not on last night cuz of july 4 or something?

anyway i just ordered the new novel for my wife...dead and gone its called..she swears by the books, she loves them

Sky Dog wrote:

won't be back until next week 7-12......that bull man humanoid thing at the beginning of the last show creeped me out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:

The season is really good overall so far.  But do they have to have a cliffhanger at the end of EVERY episode?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

The season is really good overall so far.  But do they have to have a cliffhanger at the end of EVERY episode?

I think they feel like they must. I think the Season Finale is gonna have some HUGE cliffhanger. I mean, the whole "Who was in the car?" thing from last year kept people talking all summer and I think they're really looking for something to top that this year.

That's exactly what worries me. 

They're going to want to top what they've been doing every week with something huge for the end.  It makes me afraid that they'll just leave part of a story arc open ended at the end rather than something new as a teaser for the next season.

I really have no basis for thinking that, but I was just talking to a friend about it a few days ago.

Board footer