You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Duff: I love Axl Rose

monkeychow wrote:

I think this was duff using commomn sence when dealing with the media. They asked him about Axl. If he said he didn't want to be in GNR and wasn't in contact with Axl then the media would transform the whole article into "Former GNR basist tells singer to suck his dick".

So i think he just called it as it is for him - he would go back to GNR under a certain situation - but he doesn't wait around with his life praying that will happen as he knows it isn't likely - and he and Axl were friends for years and went through a lot - so he doesn't appriciate media trying to stir up a hate fest.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Its not a reunion if its not all of em, and thats what Duff said "never say never" to.. not an inclusion in the current band making new music.

I'm glad you said that, because I will never accept a GNR reunion with Matt drumming. It's Steven or Frank or Brain. Otherwise, it's garbage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Its not a reunion if its not all of em, and thats what Duff said "never say never" to.. not an inclusion in the current band making new music.

I'm glad you said that, because I will never accept a GNR reunion with Matt drumming. It's Steven or Frank or Brain. Otherwise, it's garbage.

That's beautiful. You're gettin' a karma for that! 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

will never accept a GNR reunion with Matt drumming. It's Steven or Frank or Brain. Otherwise, it's garbage.

The media however would. Many articles were written about VR's formation that just said 3/5 of GNR and didn't distinguish that Matt was the second GNR drummer not the original. I think the UYI tour gave him media credibility as part of GNR in their heyday. Some articles made a lot of the "guns reloaded" kind of thing in their titles...despite no Axl, Izzy or Steven.

Appart from hardcores and purisits on here (who respect Izzy's and Steven's contributions) - i think Joe Public would be happy with anything that has Axl and Slash together (as these are the two known faces/brands of GNR) - and if you chuck duff in there as well average people will accept it 100% as GNR in my opinion.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

will never accept a GNR reunion with Matt drumming. It's Steven or Frank or Brain. Otherwise, it's garbage.

The media however would. Many articles were written about VR's formation that just said 3/5 of GNR and didn't distinguish that Matt was the second GNR drummer not the original. I think the UYI tour gave him media credibility as part of GNR in their heyday. Some articles made a lot of the "guns reloaded" kind of thing in their titles...despite no Axl, Izzy or Steven.

Appart from hardcores and purisits on here (who respect Izzy's and Steven's contributions) - i think Joe Public would be happy with anything that has Axl and Slash together (as these are the two known faces/brands of GNR) - and if you chuck duff in there as well average people will accept it 100% as GNR in my opinion.

you're probably right. i mean, i accept the current line-up (whatever that may be...) as GNR. and i personally don't care about a reunion, but if one were to ever happen, and i don't have any reason to think there ever will be, i would want it to be the original 5. like the jackson 5. but the GNR 5. 11

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i prefer matt to steven...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I do too, but anytime someone shows the love for Brain & Frank (superior drummers), i've got to give props.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'd prefer Brain or Freese, but that irrelevant.  I don't think (anymore) that we'll see a reunion.  But Axl said he's be willing to work with Izzy and or Duff on some of their music.  So a collaboration between Duff and Axl for Loaded isn't such a stretch for my imagination.  I think it could happen at some point.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What does everyone have against Matt?

And to the Guns Reloaded thing, they didn't exactly help shrug off that title when they played gnr stuff

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Most people think Matt is a dick, therefore he can't be a good drummer.  I think he's the best drummer GnR has ever had, but in any case, he's just the drummer.  Even though people say they wouldn't go if he was the drummer, they are obviously full of it because nobody in their right mind would miss a chance to see their favorite band because of which drummer they chose out of the 5 or so they had.

Board footer