You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

PaSnow wrote:

Lovie Smith & Cinci's coach are on the hot seat next season. Playoffs or they're fired. Trent Edwards & Derek Anderson were probably the QB's I was thinking of, and Garard. Glad to see Norv Turner did finally win a big game, not the big one, but pretty big. SD put him in a tough spot. I expect Marty to coach somewhere next season. He certainly should.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and jessica simpson will dump Romo before next season 16

It's funny you said this I was thinking the same thing and I'm serious!

JamesLofton wrote:

One other thing- I was so happy to see that grin finally wiped off Romo's face.

Amen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I also find it mildly amusing that for 2 years in a row, Romo's sex life has played a role in the team collapse. Looking into the stands last year drooling over some chick instead of holding the ball properly, and this year's "vacation" with Jessica Simpson when he should have been studying that Giants defense.

What a fucking joke.

I would not be surprised if some anti-Romo sentiment starts brewing in Dallas. Cowboys fans have waited a very long time to be back on top, and in the parity era, your window of opportunity closes awfully damn quick.

Jones was a moron for signing Romo to a huge contract when he didn't do anything to earn it.

IF they did decide to try another qb, its almost impossible because you cant justify sitting someone on the bench with a massive salary.

How long is TO in Dallas? He may start getting a craving for clam chowder.

I know there's no Dallas fans here, but here's a question.....

The window isn't gonna be open long. Do you shock everyone by trading Romo or benching him and bringing in a different QB to try and win a SB? Or do you just take your chances with Romo even though it looks like he'll never take you to the promised land?

Gonna be an interesting offseason for a lot of teams, Dallas included.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Some funny observations about Romo and his sex life that happens to be very accurate.  Jones signing him with that sort of salary is insane considering the amount of time played and the way he performed in the last playoff scenario.  Just doesn't make sense.

Good question as well about the future of Dallas and whether or not Romo should be part of it.  My thinking is that Jones has dug a very deep hole by taking such a chance on Romo and will now be forced to ride it out a little longer and just hope for the best.  At least for one more season.  Can't say I feel sorry for him, that was just ludicrous.

TO possibly craving some chowder may not be that big of a stretch either...if he does the rest of the NFL is in serious trouble.  Could you imagine NE being any more difficult than they are already?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

WTF is TO talking about. Saying "I've always had great relationships with my QB's" ??

He questioned Garcia's sexuality, threw McNabb under the bus & says he's the one who lost the Super Bowl, said Bledsoe probably shouldn't be the starter, but now he's all about Romo after the guy takes a fucking vacation a week before a playoff game??! 

As a team leader & veteran of the game, he needed to call Romo out onto the carpet on that one. Imagine if Eli took a vacation. What do you think Michael Strahan would have said?!  Eli would be out of NY. Guaranteed.

James

James wrote:

TO is just trying to take the high road in this situation. First time in history he hasn't thrown a fit. Next season when they are on their way to a 9-7 or 10-6 record, he'll revert back to the TO we all know.

Rivers is questionable for the Chargers-Pats game. I know NE beat them at the beginning of the season and they will likely blow the Chargers out, but damn this is a scary game. Without Rivers and with a banged up LT, this Chargers team has nothing to lose. They're not even supposed to be here, and with Volek leading the team no one will take them seriously. They might take the risks needed to be taken to beat this Pats team.

Pats better not fall asleep in preparation for this game.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

WTF is TO talking about. Saying "I've always had great relationships with my QB's" ??

He questioned Garcia's sexuality, threw McNabb under the bus & says he's the one who lost the Super Bowl, said Bledsoe probably shouldn't be the starter, but now he's all about Romo after the guy takes a fucking vacation a week before a playoff game??! 

As a team leader & veteran of the game, he needed to call Romo out onto the carpet on that one. Imagine if Eli took a vacation. What do you think Michael Strahan would have said?!  Eli would be out of NY. Guaranteed.

About that, and the crying.  I was listening to Jim Rome this afternoon and I think he put the nail on the head.  He said TO is basically just a bit crazy.  It's not the best way to put it, but the guy is wound up tighter than most of the rest of the world, be it crying defending "his qb", or freaking out on a qb who's probably better.  It's kinda the same thing, just opposite extremes almost like a bipolar kind of thing.

Now that said, you never see him freak out about all his dropped balls.  It's always somebody else.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

almost like a bipolar kind of thing.

Wasn't he rumored to be diagnosed as bi-polar when he allegedly tried to commit suicide during his first year in Dallas?

James

James wrote:
The Cusack wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

almost like a bipolar kind of thing.

Wasn't he rumored to be diagnosed as bi-polar when he allegedly tried to commit suicide during his first year in Dallas?

Yeah, and I doubt its just a rumor.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Baltimore Ravens have offered their head coaching job to Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, ESPN reported Tuesday, citing sources.

One source said it's a "60-40" chance that Garrett will take the job.

Garrett arrived at the Baltimore Ravens' training complex Tuesday morning for a second interview for the team's head coaching job.

The 41-year-old Garrett has been regarded as the front-runner for the job. He's the first candidate to receive a second interview with the team's search committee to fill the vacancy created two weeks ago when the Ravens fired Brian Billick.

Garrett and his wife, Brill, were greeted at team headquarters by president Dick Cass.

Garrett directed a high-scoring offense that skidded to a halt in the Cowboys' 21-17 NFC divisional playoff loss Sunday to the New York Giants. He's also reportedly being sought for a second interview with the Atlanta Falcons.

The Ravens are also interested in Philadelphia Eagles secondary coach John Harbaugh, who was a finalist for the UCLA job that went to former Ravens offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel.

Garrett met with owner Steve Bisciotti, general manager Ozzie Newsome and Cass last Saturday for several hours and he has connections to members of the search committee. Garrett and Cass are Princeton graduates. And Garrett's father, Jim Garrett, coached vice president of football administration Pat Moriarty, when Moriarty was with the Cleveland Browns.

The Ravens have also interviewed Indianapolis Colts assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell; Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano, who is also a candidate for the Miami Dolphins' opening; former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who's a strong candidate for the Falcons' job and is expected to get a second interview with Atlanta; New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and Harbaugh.

Garrett was a quarterbacks coach for two seasons with the Miami Dolphins before spending last season with the Cowboys.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, he'd have a ton of rebuilding to do on Baltimore's offense. And by then, Ray Lewis will be retired. I'd trade Lewis while he has value. Get a pick out of him. The Colts would want him I'd think.

Board footer