You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

People have been underestimating this team all year. The doubt people have in Rivers is insane. He's a very good young QB. I don't see a Volek lead Chargers team beating the Pats, but with Rivers taking the snaps it could be close.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

People have been underestimating this team all year. The doubt people have in Rivers is insane. He's a very good young QB. I don't see a Volek lead Chargers team beating the Pats, but with Rivers taking the snaps it could be close.

they better be alot more disciplined next week though....if they get that many penalties against the pats they wont win

Communist China

Some of those penalties were bullshit. But of course in every Patriots game there are lots of bullshit calls in their favor, so you do have a point. The refs will be trying to make Brady win, and SD has to be tighter and not give the refs anything they can distort into a penalty.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:

The Chargers played a very intense physical game and paid a pretty heavy cost with the injuries.  I don't see them being able to go to New England next week and repeating their performance due to the fact that the team is pretty banged up at key positions now.  I do, however see that the Chargers passing offense is really starting to take center stage.  Rivers along with his two WRs have transformed the passing game into more than a dump off to Gates or Tomlinson affair and they'll have to do that next week in order to score points.  The issue with the Chargers offense as it matches up with New England is that it's not necessarily designed to eat up the clock and that's been a proven component in beating the Patriots this year so I expect the Pats to roll next week.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This Giants-Cowboys game is ugly. Dallas is moving the ball at will, but its not translating into a lot of points. That really long Dallas drive in the 2nd was a killer, but then the Giants score a TD in less than a minute.

This could come down to which team has the ball last.

Communist China

I hate these NFC East games. They're on TV every damn week, they're not that exciting, I really am not interested in this. I'm giving up on this and will check out who won later on.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Chargers need LT & Rivers, otherwise it'll be very difficult. I hate to say it, and admit it, but I think NE is getting close to being the greatest football team ever. Teams just hope to slow them down, not stop them. The only way they'll lose is in a relatively close game, Brady or someone (Welker, Moss) fucks up and turns the ball over in the 4th quarter. Otherwise, they will not lose. They'll just keep putting pressure on the defense & closing in on the end zone, and 50+% of the time they score. Usually a TD.

They can lose, next week or the SB, nothing is guaranteed, but if they don't, I'd put them up as the best NFL team ever, with possibly the 1985 Bears being the only team that could beat them. Because of their great defense and having Walter Peyton. Don't get me wrong, I hate this team, but like Michael Irvin my hatred is turning into respect. Also, (again IF they do win it all & go 19-0) I think people will be comparing them to the other great teams of all sports. I know I haven't seen anything like this since the 90's Bulls, with Jordan's desire and owning his opponents to force a win. I guess there've been some great Yankee teams. And the 80's Oilers with Gretsky, Messier & others.

Communist China

I just don't think the Pats defense is good enough to beat the great teams in history. But the Pats offense is one of the greatest ever. San Diego needs to blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz. I don't care if Brady gets the ball to Moss for a 70 yard TD, you have 3 or 4 guys jump on him and do their best to take his head off, and let your offense go to work. Do it again. And again. Until Brady's timing gets off and you can get a stop or a turnover, and the Pats D is tired from a lopsided time of posession. That's the only way I can see it being done.

My husband was watching the Cowboys/Giants game.

New York baby 22   

I don't even like football but hey gotta represent my state big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh man...when both Peyton Manning and Tony Romo get knowcked out of the playoffs by the underdogs, its a good day in the NFL Playoffs 16 9

congrats NYG! 5

Board footer