You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

Good point...but I'm not sure he would elaborate either way. It's not like there would be any consequences for stringing us along.

I did like how he hyped it one final time.

Instead of referring to it as a monster, he should've used one of the descriptions used back in the day as a throwback...

Earth shattering

The lyrics that i thought i could make out for The General contain the word monster a few time's just before the heavy screaming part. I'm sure both Evader & me are probably about to be proven wrong about the words, but it did stand out to me when Fernando used that word to describe it

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

slashsfro wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

And while "Prostitute" was a little less fire than I would've wanted, I love that track. It's 100% the direction they should've ran with, unfortunately we only got scraps of what could've been.

I've been listening to the locker leaks and that song I've gained a better appreciation for.  I just love the "soundscape" aspect of it.  It's a deep cut and not really accesible to casuals.

I adore the "weeee-oooo" synths in the second verse. Not sure what you'd call them, properly.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Radio Rock (Italian site who first broke the story of Perhaps being delayed a week, according to them given from an internal source) says The General will not will be released digitally either for purchase or streaming:

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nu … B1KC2VfaRk

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, holy shit. They really are just dumping stuff

Why wouldn’t you build up the songs that *haven’t* been heard?

I honestly need to stop giving TB credit when they do something competent, because they always follow it up with something ridiculous. I will hold off dogging until this is confirmed. But using this song to sell physical copies of Perhaps would be mind blowingly stupid. Just release an album then ffs

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

That can’t be true. That would be fucking insane.

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s why I ask the question…..gut feeling some shit like this would happen.

As always, just to good to be true for this reunion shit show.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Radio Rock (Italian site who first broke the story of Perhaps being delayed a week, according to them given from an internal source) says The General will not will be released digitally either for purchase or streaming:

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nu … B1KC2VfaRk

Surely the only way this can be true is:

-If it's a terrible song.

-OR if it's so Bucket-heavy and electronic that Slash and Duff won't touch it, so they're essentially going to be releasing a demo version and never going to polish it off. This would be a nice nod to the hardcore, whilst also distancing it from the mainstream and the Slash/Duff reunion.

-OR it's an instrumental only. That has long been rumoured and would fit with it being used as the opening for Chinese Democracy.

My vision of it being a 7 minute epic rock-ballad seem way off. Madness.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It has vocals, it’s not industrial, and the snippet we’ve heard is not terrible and has some bad ass Axl screaming

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
misterID wrote:

It has vocals, it’s not industrial, and the snippet we’ve heard is not terrible and has some bad ass Axl screaming

So are you calling bullshit on the Italian insight into it being vinyl only, or do you have a theory that might explain it?

Why would they release a good song as a vinyl B side only?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I seriously doubt it's instrumental. Baz specifically mentioned hearing it with vocals in at least two interviews. Plus there's vocals in the cellphone clip, which is almost certainly The General considering the music from the intro is clearing playing in the song. Another possible explanation (if this is true) is that the speculation about the possibly very dark lyrical content of the song is accurate.

Board footer